Shannon BerkheiserTitle IX Coordinator
Shannon Berkheiser joined the staff at Cedarville in the fall of 2020. Prior to coming to Cedarville, Shannon was the Coordinator of the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) in Broome County, NY. She has been involved in victim services since 2007 as a counselor, advocate, and community educator. Shannon also spent five years as an instructor of counseling courses at Davis College.
She enjoys mentoring, teaching, and long talks while walking or drinking coffee. Her desire is that the Christian community will lead the way in addressing the issues of interpersonal violence.
Education and Credentials
- M.S. in Counseling, Clarks Summit University
- B.S. in Counseling Ministries, Calvary University
- Spending time with my husband and children
- I love all things basketball – especially the Duke Blue Devils
- I love to read; my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice
- Going to the beach
- Musicals – whether it is a local production or a trip to NY for a Broadway show!
- Victim Services
- Trauma-informed care
- Vicarious trauma/secondary traumatic stress
God's leading became clear to our family that Cedarville was the next place of our ministry. The position in Title IX allows me to bring together a number of the things that I am passionate about. I am excited to be a part of a team that wants to glorify God in the way that they care for the Cedarville community.