One Campus Scholarship - 2014–15 - Scholarships - Financial Aid - Cedarville University
One Campus Scholarship
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2014–15.
The One Campus Scholarship is awarded annually to select students seeking to enhance the Cedarville Community through their personal experience and appreciation for ethnic and cultural diversity. $1,000 minimum award.
A student (US citizen or permanent resident) may qualify for this award if they meet any of the following criteria:
- First generation college student
- First generation US Citizen or permanent resident
- 5+ years living in a significantly multiethnic community (domestic)
- 5+ years living internationally
- Any school or community activities that are diversity related
- Commitment to advancing diverse organizations, ministries or communities as demonstrated by letter of recommendation
- Student minority status based on race or ethnicity
- Demonstrated interest or commitment to participating in one of Cedarville's diversity initiatives
NOTE: Scholarship decisions are based on scholarship application documents received by either the priority or final deadlines.
International students (those who are in the US on a student visa) should review the International Aid webpage for their aid options as they are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To apply for the One Campus Scholarship:
- Complete the online scholarship application (online application will be available soon)
- As part of the online application, complete the essay (300-750 word maximum) describing your personal background and experience and how you believe that experience will contribute to the One Campus mindset at Cedarville University.
- Optional: Submission of online recommendation letter on your behalf
- Optional: Complete and submit the FAFSA to have financial need considered in your scholarship application review.
Priority Decision Deadline: All application documents received by January 31st.
- Priority scholarship decisions will be announced beginning March 1st.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as funding is limited.
Final Decision Deadline: All application documents received by March 31st.
- Final scholarship decisions will be announced beginning April 15th.
$1,000 minimum per year
- Full-time enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Eligibility expires after eight semesters of attendance
- Limited to fall and spring semesters only
- This award may be combined with other scholarships and grants
- Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the FAFSA in order for financial need to be considered in determining the scholarship award amount.
Yes, as long as the student maintains a Cedarville Cum GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Annual review is performed at the end of the spring semester.
For scholarship renewal, the student is again encouraged to complete the FAFSA in order for financial need to be considered in determining the renewed scholarship amount.
- Note: The FAFSA is not required to receive or renew the One Campus Scholarship; however, without a valid FAFSA, financial need will not be considered in determining the scholarship amount. If you would like your level of need to be considered, you must submit the FAFSA annually.