Thad Franz, PharmDAssistant Dean of Student Services and Admissions, Professor of Pharmacy Practice
As Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Dr. Thad Franz leads the admissions, progression, and completion of a professional student's journey through the PharmD program. Over the last decade, Dr. Franz has helped build partnerships for the School to benefit the experiential program that now will be a foundation for student recruitment and professional development of Cedarville students. Dr. Franz has formerly served in clinical practice at Cedar Care Village Pharmacy, Rocking Horse Primary Care Center, and Nationwide Children's Hospital, where relationships continue to support the work at Cedarville University School of Pharmacy.
Education and Credentials
- PharmD, The Ohio State University
- BSPS, The Ohio State University
- Certificates: Diabetes education, medication therapy management, pharmacy-based specialty medication delivery, pharmacy-based immunization delivery
- Licensed pharmacist: Ohio
- Changing Patient Perceptions of MTM: Determining an Effective Method of Education (Lindsay M Mailloux, Samantha Yates, Kristin Spencer, et al.) Innovations in Pharmacy (2018)
- Short-term Teams, Long-term Impact (Clem Boyd, Natalia Kirychuk) Cedarville Magazine (2018)
- Cedarville University School of Pharmacy: Mission is at the Core of Who We Are (Thaddeus T. Franz, Phillip L. Thornton, Jeffrey L. Huston, et al.) Christianity & Pharmacy (2016)
- Transitions of Care: Barriers and Opportunities for Pharmacists (Thaddeus T. Franz) AmerisourceBergen ThoughtSpot 2016 Annual Conference and Tradeshow (2016)
- Preceptor-assessed Progression of Student Self-care Counseling Skills After Integrated Learning of Content (Aleda M.H. Chen, Phillip L. Thornton, Stephanie M. Cailor, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2016)
Community pharmacy practice, leadership development in pharmacy practice
- Spending time with my family, reading, music, sports
I wanted to be obedient to God’s calling. I have a desire to use how He has gifted me to have an impact on the lives of students for the advancement of His kingdom.