One Thousand Days Transformed - The Campaign for Cedarville
A group of international students studying in the grass by Cedar Lake

College Credit Plus (Ohio Residents)

College Credit Plus for Ohio Students

Ohio students have incredible opportunities for earning early college credit for FREE through the state funded College Credit Plus (CCP) program. 

Students in grades 7-12 who are enrolled in an Ohio public, private or home school may be eligible to receive the following:

  • Tuition funded by the state of Ohio
  • Fees waived by the university
  • Textbooks provided by the student’s high school*

*Homeschool and some private school students provide their own textbooks.

Students who wish to participate in College Credit Plus must complete these steps:

Request Your Enrollment Guide:


Applying for Admission to Cedarville

Please view Cedarville University admissions criteria and deadlines.

Apply to Cedarville University

Cedarville accepts dual enrolled students year round; however, students who need an acceptance letter by April 1 for the CCP funding application should apply by March 15 to ensure that your application is processed by the CCP deadline.

Students who have already received funding for this academic year may speak to their high school guidance counselor or return to their OH|ID account to add a Cedarville letter of acceptance at any time. Students who have already been accepted to Cedarville may not need to apply again. Please contact with any questions.

Note: While Cedarville is test-optional through spring 2023, Ohio colleges may establish minimum exam scores to determine eligibility for course enrollment. Cedarville requires ACT, SAT, CLT, or Accuplacer scores to determine proficiency before students may enroll in math or English courses.

Determining Eligibility for College Credit Plus funding

Effective February 2022, Ohio students who participate in CCP may demonstrate college readiness by meeting ONE of the following criteria:

  1. A remediation-free test score on a CCP approved student eligibility assessment; or
  2. A cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.00; or
  3. A cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 2.75 and an “A” or “B” in a relevant high school course. The college determines relevant coursework.

If no high school GPA is available, Cedarville will request that the student provide test scores that meet the proficiency standards published in our academic catalog.

Note: Students are ineligible to use CCP funds at Cedarville after the spring semester of their senior year.

Please contact for more information.

Applying for College Credit Plus Funding

The funding application process is based on the type of high school that you attend. Please choose your school type below to learn more and to begin your CCP funding application.

Cedarville's IRN (information retrieval number) is 063636.

The deadline to apply for CCP funding is April 1 each year.

Mature Content Permission Slip (New for 2022-23)

College Credit Plus now requires that students and parents be made aware of the potential for mature or adult content in some college classrooms and that both parent and student complete a CCP Mature Content Permission Slip in order to use CCP funding. At Cedarville University, all courses will meet Cedarville expectations for academic quality and mission alignment and will be taught by professors in full agreement with the University's doctrinal statement and community covenant.

The following statement regarding course content is posted as a requirement of Ohio HB 110 and ORC 3365.035:

The subject matter of a course enrolled in under the college credit plus program may include mature subject matter or materials, including those of a graphic, explicit, violent, or sexual nature, that will not be modified based upon college credit plus enrollee participation regardless of where course instruction occurs.

CCP Award Amounts

Ohio public school students may be allowed up to 30 course credits per year. College classes taken at your local high school count toward the 30 credit limit. Please work closely with your high school guidance counselor to understand how many college credits you are eligible to take.

Ohio private and home educated students receive a funding award. Award amounts vary and are typically announced in May. Cedarville allows students to register for summer courses prior to award announcements.

Tuition Payment Options

Ohio students may choose any of the following payment options when registering for classes. If you choose CCP Option A or B, the course must be included on your high school transcript.

CCP Option A: The student pays for tuition, books, and fees. Tuition is discounted to $185 per credit hour.

CCP Option B: The state of Ohio pays for tuition and the University waives course fees; books are covered for public and most private school students. Homeschool and non-chartered school students must provide books for their students.

Family Pay Option: The student pays for tuition, books, and fees. The student may take the course for dual credit or for college credit only. The University's Family Pay discounted tuition rate is $185 per credit hour.

A combination of CCP Option A, CCP Option B and Family Pay Option: Students may use both College Credit Plus funding and Cedarville’s Family Pay option in the same semester; however, per Ohio Department of Education rules, CCP funding may not be used to partially fund a course. 

Ohio students may decide to choose CCP Option A or the Family Pay Option if they:

  • Do not have enough CCP funding to cover the full cost of a course, or 
  • Want to take a course that is not eligible for College Credit Plus funding (eg: physical activity, Bible or private lesson courses), or
  • Need to retake a course to improve a grade, or
  • Want to take a course for college credit only.

Registering for Classes

Academic advising is vitally important to student success. Before you enroll in courses, you will attend a virtual Dual Enrollment Orientation and meet with your Dual Enrollment Advisor. Your advisor will help you register for courses.