M.S.N. Admission Requirements
Admission RequirementsBegin Your Application »
Cedarville University transforms lives through excellent education and intentional discipleship in submission to biblical authority.
- Have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree from a regionally accredited institution (preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Hold an unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States for clinical experience
- Application requirements - We encourage you to apply early for admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary materials required to have your application reviewed.
- Start your FREE online application here!
- Official transcripts - NOTE: You must request these from your previous institutions (include graduate transcripts for any transfer credit you want considered)
- Christian Leader Recommendation (You will provide an e-mail address on your application and we will send your recommender a link to be filled out)
- Professional Recommendation (You will provide an e-mail address on your application and we will send your recommender a link to be filled out)
- Resume - in a PDF or Word document format
M.S.N. Admissions Process and Timeframe
- The School of Nursing M.S.N. Admission, Progression, Retention Committee reviews M.S.N. Global Public Health, M.S.N. Nurse Educator, and M.S.N. Nursing Leadership in Healthcare Improvement applications on a rolling basis. Graduate Admissions notifies applicants of the admission decision.
- The School of Nursing M.S.N. Admission, Progression, Retention Committee reviews M.S.N. Family Nurse Practitioner and M.S.N. Pediatric Nurse Practitioner applications. There is no published application deadline and decisions are communicated in a timely manner. Programs are competitive with a set number of spaces for incoming students in each term. Graduate Admissions notifies applicants of the admission decision.
M.S.N. Prerequisite Courses
What prerequisite courses are required for incoming M.S.N. students?
- Nursing Statistics
- Nursing Research
Most Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) programs have a statistics and research courses built into the their curriculum. However there are some programs that do not. If you are unsure ask for a preliminary review of your unofficial transcripts by sending them to email@example.com and we can check for you.
How do I satisfy the prerequisites?
You can start the M.S.N. program at Cedarville University without prerequisites; however, you will need to complete undergraduate or post baccalaureate coursework in nursing statistics and nursing research before taking certain classes in the M.S.N. program that require the prerequisite. Check with you program advisor to ensure selected coursework will transfer to satisfy the prerequisite.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville Covenant and agree to abide by the graduate student handbook. Applicants should review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Each applicant will be reviewed on an individual basis according to criteria established by the School of Nursing and Graduate Admissions. Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to the M.S.N. program. Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.