One Thousand Days Transformed - The Campaign for Cedarville

Are you ready to join students from 57 countries who have chosen Cedarville for its excellent academics, Christ-centered worldview, and vibrant campus community?

From application to graduation, we're dedicated to helping you every step of the way, making sure you have a seamless transition to the U.S. and a successful academic experience. Learn how to apply to Cedarville, explore generous financial aid, and get a roadmap for your next steps.

International students will need to complete the steps outlined below, while MK and TCK students who are U.S. citizens should follow the domestic process for admission.

Three students in college graduation caps and gowns posing for picture outside

1) Apply to Cedarville

The application deadline is May 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester. Make sure you submit your application materials well in advance so that Admissions has enough time to process them.

Submit These Along With Your Application:

Christian Leader Reference

On your application, you'll include the name, email, and phone number of a pastor, small group leader, or other Christian leader who can speak about your faith and church attendance. This person should be someone that has known you for six months or more and is not related to you. He or she will be sent an online recommendation form to complete on your behalf.

English Proficiency

You'll need to demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following:

  • Achieving an internet-based score of 80 on the TOEFL
  • Achieving a 6.5 on the IELTS exam
  • Achieving a 115 on the Duolingo English Test
  • Demonstrating English proficiency on the English 3 Proficiency Test (E3PT)
  • Achieving an ACT composite score of at least 22 and English sub-score of 22
  • Achieving a SAT score of at least 1100 and Writing and Language sub-score of 550
  • Completing at least two years in an approved English-speaking high school setting, including two years of high school English courses (non-ESL) with satisfactory grades
  • Providing proof of citizenship and residency from an approved native speaking English country
  • Completing an entire baccalaureate program in a regionally accredited or otherwise approved college or university

Academic Transcript

Along with your application, you'll need to submit an official high school/secondary school transcript and/or documentation that you've completed a secondary school program. You can upload your transcript directly to your application, or email it to Abigail Rist, International Admissions Counselor, at Your transcript must include course listings and grades earned for each course completed through each year of high school, as well as class rank. It is helpful for your secondary school to include a grading scale or an explanation of the way that grades were assessed. For more details, see our transcript request guide.

If your transcript is in a language other than English or is from a non-American high school program, you will need to submit the original transcript to a credential evaluation service. The cost for credential verification and translation is your responsibility.

We recommend the following credential evaluation/translation services:

Once your transcript has been evaluated, you'll submit your original transcript, along with the notarized English translation, to Cedarville.

2) Explore Financial Aid

If God has led you to study at Cedarville, nothing should get in the way of that. We know it can be difficult to fund international study, so we want to help as much as possible. When your application is reviewed, you will automatically be considered for an academic scholarship. Beyond academic aid, there are many other scholarships available that you can apply for, including need-based scholarships specific to international students.

Explore opportunities for financial aid:

Financial Aid and Scholarships

3) Complete Your Next Steps

Submit Your Deposit

Undergraduate and PharmD Students – After your application is accepted, you must submit your $250 reservation deposit to reserve your spot at Cedarville. This deposit is refundable until May 1 (note that Flywire payments are nonrefundable). You'll need to submit this deposit before being issued an I-20 for visa purposes.

Submit an Affidavit of Financial Support

Undergraduate Students – You must complete an affidavit of financial support and an international student financial form. Once these have been completed, send the forms, along with supporting original bank statement(s) and a copy of your passport biographical page, to These additional documents are needed for your I-20 to be issued.

PharmD and MDiv Students – Complete the graduate affidavit of financial support, then send the form, along with supporting original bank statement(s) and a copy of your passport biographical page, to These additional documents are needed for your I-20 to be issued.

Gain I-20 Approval

New Students – You'll be sent an I-20 form from Cedarville's Designated School Official (DSO). You'll need to take the I-20 form to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country to gain approval to study in the United States. Learn more about the I-20 with details from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

Transfer Students – Follow these guidelines to request an I-20 transfer.

Once you've completed these next steps,
learn more about getting ready to arrive!

Accepted Students