The 127th Annual Commencement
Friday, May 5, 2023
Dixon Ministry Center
Saturday, May 6, 2023
10 a.m. | 2 p.m.
Doden Field House
Class of 2023
We are pleased to announce plans for the 127th Annual Commencement celebration of Cedarville University
There will also be a Senior Celebration for the class of 2023 at 8 p.m. in the Dixon Ministry Center, Jeremiah Chapel. We look forward to welcoming family and friends to these ceremonies as we give thanks to God for His provision and blessing and celebrate the accomplishments of this graduating class.
* As a private Christian university, Cedarville’s commencement events will be religious services, including prayer, worship, and a clear presentation of the Gospel.
NOTE: Further details are still being finalized and will be posted to this website and communicated through various means as they become available.
Commencement 2023 will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2023 in the Doden Fieldhouse, and will include two ceremonies at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Below is the schedule for class of 2023 commencement ceremonies by department/school:
May 6 at 10 a.m.:
- Allied Health
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Science and Mathematics
- Social Work
May 6 at 2 p.m.:
- Art, Design, and Theatre
- Biblical and Theological Studies
- Business Administration
- English, Literature, and Modern Languages
- History and Government
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Music and Worship
The registrar’s office will contact those who still have a sibling or spouse in the other ceremony to confirm that they may switch to the alternate program, if desired. Continue to check cedarville.edu/commencement for updates
- Each class of 2023 graduate who plans to participate in their assigned commencement ceremony will receive ten tickets for the main seating in the Doden Fieldhouse. No need to submit a request.
- The commencement ceremonies will be streamed to the Jeremiah Chapel of the Dixon Ministry Center to accommodate additional guests. No tickets are required for Jeremiah Chapel seating.
- Due to the nature of the seating in the facility, there are no reserved seats. Tickets are required to enter the Doden Fieldhouse. Individuals sitting together will not be seated until the entire group has arrived. All ticket holders must be seated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the program.
Seating for Young Children
- All children over the age of one must have a ticket. No nursery supervision will be provided.
Seating for Disabled Individuals
- Since the facility is at ground level and no stairs are involved, individuals with physical needs can utilize the chairs provided in the fieldhouse or in the overflow areas.
- Regalia is being ordered by the University Campus Store for all eligible graduates in the class of 2023 on the basis of the information you provided when you applied for graduation. No further action is required on your part. Be watching email and the graduation website for instructions for picking up graduation regalia later in the semester.
- Contact Kelly Holdeman in the Campus Store with any questions regarding regalia.
- 2023 undergraduates and graduates for 10 a.m. commencement: Commencement Rehearsal for those approved to participate in the 10 a.m. commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 4, 2023, from 6:00–7:30 p.m. in the Doden Fieldhouse. An email with your seat location will be sent to you during final's week. Be watching for that email. Plan to meet in the fieldhouse promptly at 6:00 p.m.
- 2023 undergraduates and graduates for 2 p.m. commencement: Commencement Rehearsal for those approved to participate in the 2 p.m. commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 4, 2023, from 4–5:30 p.m. in the Doden Fieldhouse. An email with your seat location will be sent to you during final's week. Be watching for that email. Plan to meet in the fieldhouse promptly at 4 p.m.
The graduation fee for undergraduates is $75 and is applicable for all graduates whether or not they participate in commencement. This fee will be charged to the approved graduating students during Spring Semester 2023.
Ladies: Sunday dress (dark if dress or slacks go below gown), hose, dark dress shoes (either flat or low heel, no sandals or flip-flops)
Men: Shirt and tie, dress slacks (dark), socks, dark dress shoes (no sandals or flip-flops)
Commencement - Not Participating
If you do not plan to participate in commencement, please contact the Office of the Registrar or send an email so that they can plan accordingly. If for some reason you must cancel your participation after indicating your intentions to participate, please contact them as well.
There will be live streaming of the commencement program and several of the school and department celebrations. These can be viewed at the commencement livestream page.
Parents and family members are permitted to leave their seats to photograph you as you shake hands with Dr. White and walk across the platform to receive your diploma. Professional photographs of this event may be purchased through Graduation Foto. A photographer from Graduation Foto will be at commencement to take a candid photograph of you at your special moment of recognition. You will receive a free passport-sized digital proof of this photo on an order card in the week following the ceremony, which is mailed to the permanent address we have on file for each graduate. You can also preregister up to six email addresses at graduationfoto.com to receive a proof via email. After commencement, you may order online at graduationfoto.com or call 1-800-482-0321.
Registering with Graduation Foto provides them with the information they need to deliver your graduation proofs to you in a timely manner. Providing them with an accurate mailing address and email address will allow them to get your proofs to you on the first try.
Key Dates and Times
|April 20, 2023||President's Reception||6:00-9:00 p.m. at the President's Residence|
|TBD||Senior Chapel||10 a.m. Jeremiah Chapel of the Dixon Ministry Center|
|May 4, 2023||Commencement Rehearsal – 10 a.m. Ceremony|
Commencement Rehearsal – 2 p.m. Ceremony
|6:00-7:30 p.m. in the Doden Field House|
4:00-5:30 p.m. in the Doden Field House
|May 5, 2023||Senior Celebration||8:00 p.m. Jeremiah Chapel of the Dixon Ministry Center|
|May 6, 2023||Commencement Ceremonies||10 a.m. Doden Field House|
2 p.m. Doden Field House
Details being finalized.
Senior Celebration Program
At this free event, a final challenge will be given at this special program to honor families and celebrate the class of 2023. Program will begin at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, May 5, 2023 in the Jeremiah Chapel of the Dixon Ministry Center.
Academic Recognitions - Details being finalized.
- School of Education Academic Celebration
- Mechanical Engineering Academic Celebration
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering Academic Celebration
- School of Nursing Academic Celebration
- Music and Worship Academic Celebration
- School of Bible and Theological Studies Academic Celebration
- Social Work Academic Celebration
- School of Business Administration Academic Celebration
- Senior Celebration
- School of Pharmacy
Off Campus Recognitions
- Army ROTC Recognition Banquet and Commissioning
- Air Force ROTC Commissioning