Commencement - Undergraduate Students
The 126th Annual Commencement
Friday, May 6, 2022
Dixon Ministry Center
Saturday, May 7, 2022
10 a.m. | 2 p.m.
Doden Field House
Class of 2022
Planning for In-Person Commencement in May
We are pleased to announce plans for the 126th Annual Commencement celebration of Cedarville University
There will also be a Senior Celebration for the class of 2022 on Friday at 8:30 p.m. in the Dixon Ministry Center, Jeremiah Chapel. We look forward to welcoming family and friends to these ceremonies as we give thanks to God for His provision and blessing during this challenging year.
* As a private Christian university, Cedarville’s commencement events will be religious services, including prayer, worship, and a clear presentation of the Gospel.
NOTE: Further details are still being finalized and will be posted to this website and communicated through various means as they become available.
Commencement 2022 will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022 in the Doden Fieldhouse, and will include two ceremonies at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Below is the schedule for class of 2022 commencement ceremonies by department/school:
May 7 at 10 a.m.:
- Allied Health
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Computer Science
May 7 at 2 p.m.:
- Art, Design, and Theatre
- Biblical and Theological Studies
- English, Literature, and Modern Languages
- History and Government
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Music and Worship
- Science and Mathematics
- Social Work
Attempts were made to keep siblings and spouses in the same ceremony. The registrar’s office will contact those who still have a sibling or spouse in the other ceremony to confirm that they may switch to the alternate program, if desired. Continue to check cedarville.edu/commencement for updates.
- Each class of 2022 graduate who plans to participate in their assigned commencement ceremony will receive ten tickets for the main seating in the Doden Fieldhouse. No need to submit a request.
- The commencement ceremonies will be streamed to the Jeremiah Chapel of the Dixon Ministry Center to accommodate additional guests. No tickets are required for Jeremiah Chapel seating.
- Due to the nature of the seating in the facility, there are no reserved seats. Tickets are required to enter the Doden Fieldhouse. Individuals sitting together will not be seated until the entire group has arrived. All ticket holders must be seated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the program.
Seating for Young Children
- All children over the age of one must have a ticket. No nursery supervision will be provided.
Seating for Disabled Individuals
- Since the facility is at ground level and no stairs are involved, individuals with physical needs can utilize the chairs provided in the fieldhouse or in the overflow areas.
- Regalia is being ordered by the University Bookstore for all eligible graduates in the class of 2022 on the basis of the information you provided when you applied for graduation. No further action is required on your part. Regalia will be available for distribution at the Senior Party on April 12.
- Please contact Kelly Holdeman in the Bookstore with any questions regarding regalia.
- 2022 undergraduates and graduates for 10 a.m. commencement: Commencement Rehearsal for those approved to participate in the 10 a.m. commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 5, 2022, from 6:30–8 p.m. in the Doden Fieldhouse. An email with your seat location will be sent to you during final's week. Be watching for that email. Plan to meet in the fieldhouse promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- 2022 undergraduates and graduates for 2 p.m. commencement: Commencement Rehearsal for those approved to participate in the 2 p.m. commencement ceremony will be held on Thursday, May 5, 2022, from 4–5:30 p.m. in the Doden Fieldhouse. An email with your seat location will be sent to you during final's week. Be watching for that email. Plan to meet in the fieldhouse promptly at 4 p.m.
The graduation fee for undergraduates is $75 and is applicable for all graduates whether or not they participate in commencement. This fee will be charged to the approved graduating students during Spring Semester 2022.
Ladies: Sunday dress (dark if dress or slacks go below gown), hose, dark dress shoes (either flat or low heel, no sandals or flip-flops)
Men: Shirt and tie, dress slacks (dark), socks, dark dress shoes (no sandals or flip-flops)
Commencement - Not Participating
If you do not plan to participate in commencement, please contact the Office of the Registrar or send an email so that they can plan accordingly. If for some reason you must cancel your participation after indicating your intentions to participate, please contact them as well.
There will be live streaming of the commencement program and several of the school and department celebrations. These can be viewed at the commencement livestream page.
Parents and family members are permitted to leave their seats to photograph you as you shake hands with Dr. White and walk across the platform to receive your diploma. Professional photographs of this event may be purchased through Graduation Foto. A photographer from Graduation Foto will be at commencement to take a candid photograph of you at your special moment of recognition. You will receive a free passport-sized digital proof of this photo on an order card in the week following the ceremony, which is mailed to the permanent address we have on file for each graduate. You can also preregister up to six email addresses at graduationfoto.com to receive a proof via email. After commencement, you may order online at graduationfoto.com or call 1-800-482-0321.
Registering with Graduation Foto provides them with the information they need to deliver your graduation proofs to you in a timely manner. Providing them with an accurate mailing address and email address will allow them to get your proofs to you on the first try.
Key Dates and Times
|April 12, 2022||Senior Party - Countdown to Commencement||6–7:30 p.m.|
|April 21, 2022||President’s Reception||Thursday evening at the President's home|
|TBD||Senior Chapel||10 a.m. in the Jeremiah Chapel of the Dixon Ministry Center|
|May 5, 2022||Commencement Rehearsal for 10 a.m. ceremony|
Commencement Rehearsal for 2 p.m. ceremony
|6:30 – 8:00 p.m. in Doden Fieldhouse|
4:00 – 5:30 p.m. in Doden Fieldhouse
|May 6, 2022||Senior Celebration||8:30 p.m. Dixon Ministry Center, Jeremiah Chapel|
|Saturday, May 7||Commencement||10 a.m. Doden Field House|
2 p.m. Doden Field House
Senior Party - Countdown to Commencement
This party will be held on Tuesday, April 12, 2022 at 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Callan Athletic Center-Stranahan Gymnasium. More than just a social event, this party is designed to provide you with what you need to participate in Commencement 2022 including your regalia, graduation tickets, and honor cords. You must complete the Senior Survey and present photo identification to obtain these items. In addition, visit the alumni area, and enjoy food and fun with your fellow graduates! If you are unable to attend the Senior Party please complete the Senior Survey, then your regalia, including tickets and cords, may be picked up from the Bookstore beginning Wednesday, April 13 through Friday, May 6 until 3 pm. After that, all unclaimed regalia will be sent to the Campus Post Office for pickup.
Please catch the shuttle leaving from the upper SSC for transportation to their house and back. Shuttles will be leaving every 20-minutes. A sign-up link is available in the April 10 email titled "Senior Update." You must sign-up to attend.
Details being finalized.
Senior Celebration Program
At this free event, a final challenge will be given at this special program to honor families and celebrate the class of 2022. Program will begin at 8:30 p.m. on Friday, May 6, 2022 in the Jeremiah Chapel of the Dixon Ministry Center.
Academic Recognitions - Details being finalized.
- School of Education Academic Celebration
- Mechanical Engineering Academic Celebration
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering Academic Celebration
- School of Nursing Academic Celebration
- Music and Worship Academic Celebration
- School of Bible and Theological Studies Academic Celebration
- Social Work Academic Celebration
- School of Business Administration Academic Celebration
- Army ROTC Recognition Banquet and Commissioning
- Senior Celebration
- School of Pharmacy
- Air Force ROTC Commissioning
All students must realize that it is their own responsibility to confirm their progress toward meeting all requirements for graduation. Eligibility to participate in commencement is contingent upon confirmation that the student’s application for graduation has been approved by the Office of the Registrar and the student remains on track to complete all necessary degree requirements according to the approved plan for completion. See catalog to confirm specific requirements for graduation.
The deadline for submitting your completed application for graduation was November 2, 2021. If you have not already done so, turn your application into the Office of the Registrar located in Stevens Student Center, room 132. If your plans have changed and you are graduating in May 2022, August 2022, or December of 2022, come to the Office of the Registrar immediately.
Completing Degree Requirements
If you have changed your anticipated course schedule for spring semester that was listed on your graduation application, please contact the Office of the Registrar. You are ultimately responsible to ensure that you have completed the degree requirements. Your application will be reviewed again early in the spring semester by the Office of the Registrar. You will be contacted if problems arise.
Diplomas are distributed to all eligible graduates at commencement. If you have any incomplete academic requirements or if you owe the University any money, you will not receive your diploma. Please check with the cashiers office if you have any questions about your account.
After grades are submitted, the Office of the Registrar will review your academic file to ensure that you have met the graduation requirements and record your degree. Degrees, not majors, are listed on your diploma. If you earn two degrees, you will receive two diplomas. However, if you earn two majors, you will receive one diploma.
All of the grades you earn during your senior year at Cedarville count toward the final grade point average, which appears on your transcript. Study diligently until the end!
If you anticipate any changes in grades earned in specific courses, take the time to review your transcript to ensure that those changes actually occurred. Taking care of it now is much easier than addressing it from a distance!
Graduation With Honors
Grade point averages to determine who will be recognized for “graduation with honors” at commencement are calculated on credits earned through fall semester. Grade point averages for “honor,” “high honor,” and “highest honor” are 3.50, 3.75, and 3.90, respectively. One, two, or three gold cords are distributed for graduating with “honor,” “high honor,” and “highest honor.” Plan to pick up your honor cords at the Senior Party - Countdown to Commencement or see the Office of the Registrar between 8:30–5 p.m., on or after Wednesday, April 13, 2022.
NOTE: Actual “graduation with honors” as recorded on the final transcript includes grades from all subsequent terms required to complete degree requirements.
Early commencement involves participating in commencement prior to completing your graduation requirements. To gain approval for this privilege, consult your University catalog and contact the Office of the Registrar. Note that participation in commencement does not signify the earning of a degree. Your degree will be conferred upon the completion of your degree requirements. Upon receiving and reviewing your grades and/or transcripts, the Office of the Registrar will send your diploma or notify you of any difficulties. Please make sure that the University has on file the address to which your diploma should be sent.
The appropriate degree information will be posted to your transcript after final grades are submitted and the Office of the Registrar has verified that all of your degree requirements and other obligations to the University have been satisfied. In addition to the courses you took and grades you earned in each, your transcript includes the date your degree was earned, major(s), minors you have earned including the honors program, the total number of credits earned, and your final cumulative GPA.
A complimentary copy of your final transcript which includes your degree will be emailed to you at your email address as recorded in the Office of the Registrar. If you anticipate a change of address following graduation, please make sure to update your address information in myCU as soon as possible.
Requesting Additional Transcripts
Additional copies of your transcript may be requested electronically. To obtain a copy of your transcript for an employer, a graduate school, or for yourself, visit the Office of the Registrar website. Please allow three to five business days for regular transcript processing. A fee will be assessed per transcript and is payable at the time of the request. Additional fees apply if expedited processing and/or delivery service is requested.
The Bookstore provides several attractive options to display and protect your diploma. Two different sized options feature distinctive cherry molding, deluxe marble matting with gold silkscreen lettering, and the University logo. Please feel free to contact the Bookstore by phone at 937-766-7894 to place your order. By ordering ahead of time, you can pick up your frame when you graduate on May 7, 2022!
Many seniors celebrate graduation by purchasing a Cedarville University ring. Designed specifically for the University by Jostens, the ring features a blue stone and is available in either yellow or white gold. To see samples, stop by the Bookstore.
Jostens representatives will be on campus several times throughout the school year to answer your questions and take orders. Students will be notified by email with specific dates and campus locations.
Do you have a general question about graduation or commencement? Send an email or call the Office of the Registrar at 937-766-7620. They will help you or direct you to the right place!