One Thousand Days Transformed - The Campaign for Cedarville
Female student takes notes on laptop in class

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

This FAQ page answers some of the questions frequently posed by graduate students as they register for courses in graduate programs at Cedarville University. The following responses are provided to assist you on your academic journey.

Do I need to be admitted to take classes in graduate programs at Cedarville?

Yes. To enroll in a course, either as a degree-seeking or non-degree seeking graduate student, you must be admitted to Cedarville through Graduate Admissions before you can register for courses. For admission criteria, view the admission requirements for your program.

How do I register for classes?

All graduate programs course registrations are completed through the Office of the Registrar using a web-based interface called Student Planning. Reference graduate registration for more information.

What classes should I take?

Consult with your graduate program advisor for advice on course sequencing and degree planning. Upon admission into a graduate program, each student is assigned a program advisor. Your program advisor provides guidance throughout your course of study.

Review the completions options for your program or view the graduate course schedules to locate a current listing of courses for your program.

When can I register for classes?

Graduate programs course schedules are provided by the Office of the Registrar and prepared prior to each term for graduate students. Registration begins in March for the summer and fall semesters and in October for the spring semester.

Review the completions options for your program or view the graduate course schedules to locate a current listing of courses for your program.

How do I search for classes in current and future terms?

View the graduate course schedules for course offerings for your program.

How do I view my current class schedule?

Access Student Planning to view your current class schedule.

How do I add or drop a class?

Access Student Planning to add or drop a course for your current class schedule.

How do I register for a closed class?

A closed graduate class requires permission from the course instructor. Contact the Office of the Registrar or your program advisor for more information.

Can I transfer credits from another institution into a graduate or adult program?

Yes. Students may transfer credit from a regionally accredited program into a Cedarville graduate program. Each graduate program may allow a different amount of hours to transfer into the program. To request transfer credit, send an official transcript directly from the transfer institution to the Office of the Registrar at Cedarville University.

Once your official transcript is received, the Office of the Registrar will work with the director of your program to evaluate your transfer request. The Office of the Registrar notifies students by e-mail when approved transfer credits have been added to their transcripts.

Is there anything I need to do before the first day of classes?

Each student is strongly encouraged to review their class schedule for accuracy in Student Planning. Discuss any discrepancies immediately with your advisor or with the Office of the Registrar.

Where do I purchase my textbooks?

Textbooks may be purchased through the Campus Store using Cedarville’s Textbook Comparison, which provides pricing information for Cedarville options plus multiple other bookstores (e.g., Amazon,, etc.,). This helps you make an informed decision to locate the best possible price.

How do I pay for my classes?

View payment and account balances for more information.

Where is the Office of the Registrar?

The Office of the Registrar is located on the campus of Cedarville University in the lower level of the Stevens Student Center. View the campus map for more information.

Need Help?

Contact the Office of the Registrar (or your program advisor) with any questions.