Summer / Short Term Programs
Each summer O.I.P. offers Cedarville courses in international locations. These courses are taught by Cedarville professors and are open to all Cedarville students. Some courses are specialized for specific majors and others are general education courses. They are ideal for students whose major do not have the flexibility of a semester abroad. The locations vary each summer.
Most trips are under $5,000 including tuition, program fee, and lodging. Airfare is usually not included but group flights will be available with students paying for their flight cost individually. Below is the list of course offerings for Summer 2018:
Dates: May 6 – 27, 2018
- COM-2140 Intercultural Communication
- PYCH-3720 Theories of Personality
- EDUC-2050 Teaching Diverse Learners
- EDSP-2100 Exceptionalities and Behavior
- LIT-2300 Intro. to Lit.
- May 20 – June 21, 2018 (Session 1)
- June 24 – July 26, 2018 (Session 2)
- All Spanish Language and Culture Courses for Major/Minor (ELML)
- Spanish Internships / Practicum
- Most Courses for the New Minor in Spanish for Healthcare Personnel and Certificate in Medical Spanish
Geology of National Parks
Dates: May 11 – 26, 2018 (tentative)
Cost: $1600 plus air
This trip, led by Prof. Tom Rice, will take students to national parks such as Yellowstone, Tetons, Badlands, Rocky Mt, and more.
Course: GSCI-1030 Geology of National Parks
- This course fulfills the physical science requirement of 3.5 credit hours
- There are no quizzes or exams
- A project photo journal is due after the trip
Short Term Trip Refund Policy