Justin Cole, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Vice Chair of Pharmacy Practice, Asst. Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Justin Cole focuses his teaching, research, and clinical efforts on pediatric pharmacy practice. Prior to joining the faculty, Dr. Cole served as Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, where he was responsible for oversight and strategic development of clinical and investigational drug services within the health system. Dr. Cole was selected as Residency Preceptor of the Year at Nationwide Children's Hospital in 2012 and as Preceptor of Distinction for Cedarville University in 2016. Dr. Cole is active in several national pharmacy organizations, including the Pediatric Pharmacy Advocacy Group and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, and has written book chapters for both organizations. His research interests include the treatment of pediatric neurologic conditions and integration of real-world technology into the classroom. He continues to practice as a clinical pharmacist at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Dr. Cole is also active in medical mission efforts, both domestically and internationally. He currently serves as Pharmacy Lead for Grace Clinics of Ohio's Hardin Clinic, a free medical clinic in downtown Columbus, Ohio.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Ohio Northern University
- Certifications: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider Licensed pharmacist: Ohio
- Favorite Places to Visit: Ludington, MI; Isle of Palms, SC; anywhere with mountains
- Hobbies: Spending time with family, hiking, playing the guitar, golf
- Why I'm at Cedarville: God is doing amazing work within the School of Pharmacy. I wanted to be obedient to God’s calling to build into the lives of pharmacy students for the sake of the Kingdom. My desire is to help students become the leaders that shape how pharmacists serve and practice for years to come.