Zach Jenkins, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Jenkins completed his PharmD at Northeast Ohio Medical University. Following graduation, he completed a post-graduate pharmacy practice residency with Summa Health System where he focused his training in adult internal medicine and infectious disease. Throughout both his graduate and post-graduate education, Dr. Jenkins was frequently involved in teaching medical and pharmacy students at Northeast Ohio Medical University, which ultimately led him to earn a graduate teaching certification. Dr. Jenkins is an active member of the pharmacy profession, and he currently serves within the leadership of several professional organizations. His research interests include subjects related to infectious disease, antimicrobial stewardship, interprofessional education, and student professional development. Dr. Jenkins maintains a clinical practice in infectious disease at Atrium Medical Center and Miami Valley Hospital, where he helps to lead the antimicrobial stewardship initiative for the Premier Health Partners system.
Education and Credentials
- Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy
- Pharm.D., Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, Summa Health System
- Teaching Certificate, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Teaching and Learning Certificate, American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) Academy
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Certification, Society of Infectious Disease Pharmacists (SIDP)
- Immunization Certificate, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- Medication Therapy Management Certification, American Pharmacists Association (APhA)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Certification, American Heart Association (AHA)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Instructor Certification, American Heart Association (AHA)
- Favorite Places to Visit: Glacier National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Yellowstone National Park
- Hobbies: Backpacking, hiking, camping, reading, board games, and baseball
- Why I'm at Cedarville: God placed a variety of circumstances in my life that brought me into pharmacy, academia, and, ultimately, Cedarville. I am excited about having the opportunity to help make a difference in the lives of pharmacy students as they continue to grow in their individual walk with Christ.