Lindsey McCarty, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Dr. McCarty joined the faculty at Cedarville University in 2012. She enjoys using mathematics for real-world problems. Her research interests include scheduling, large-scale optimization, and interdisciplinary math, and her dissertation was on airline scheduling. She teaches a variety of math classes at Cedarville, including Calculus, Intro to Biostatistics, Discrete Math, Intro to Operations Research, and Research Methods in Math.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, University of Michigan
- M.S. in Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, University of Michigan
- B.S. in Mathematics, Cedarville University
- Preemptive Rerouting of Airline Passengers Under Uncertain Delays (Lindsey McCarty) Faculty Dissertations (2012)
- Applying Behavioral Game Theory to Cyber-Physical Systems Protection Planning (Seth Hamman, K. Hopkinson and Lindsey McCarty) Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Publications (2017)
- Preemptive Rerouting of Airline Passengers Under Uncertain Delays (Lindsey McCarty) SIAM Student Conference (2010)
- Re-Booking Disrupted Airline Passengers While Uncertainty Still Remains (A. Cohn, Lindsey Selegue (McCarty) and D. Viswanath) Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (2009)
- Mechanical and Fatigue Properties of a Super-high Strength Developmental Al-Zn-Mg-Sc Alloy for Use in Cryogenic Applications (M. J. Caton, O. N. Senkov, S. K. Jha, et al.) Materials Science and Technology Conference (2006)
- Interests: Cooking and baking, reading, spending time with family and friends
- Why Cedarville: I love Cedarville, that it provides a great education and also helps students to grow in the Lord during their college years. I was also a student at Cedarville and got my B.S here. I enjoy spending time with our students!