Lindsey McCarty, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Dr. McCarty joined the faculty at Cedarville University in 2012. She enjoys using mathematics for real-world problems. Her research interests include scheduling, large-scale optimization, and interdisciplinary math, and her dissertation was on airline scheduling. She teaches a variety of math classes at Cedarville, including Calculus, Intro to Biostatistics, Discrete Math, Intro to Operations Research, and Research Methods in Math.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, University of Michigan
- M.S. in Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics, University of Michigan
- B.S. in Mathematics, Cedarville University
- Interests: Cooking and baking, reading, spending time with family and friends
- Why Cedarville: I love Cedarville, that it provides a great education and also helps students to grow in the Lord during their college years. I was also a student at Cedarville and got my B.S here. I enjoy spending time with our students!