Jim Leightenheimer, M.A.Associate Professor of Communication
Professor James Leightenheimer is blessed to have served in the Department of Communication since 1982. During his time at Cedarville University, he has had the pleasure to direct the development of the radio and audio emphases, including Resound Radio. His greatest passion is preparing students and connecting them with professionals for internships and employment. He was recognized as faculty member of the year (2003), faculty advisor of the year (2007), and faculty innovator of the year (2008).
Education and Credentials
- M.A. in Telecommunications Management, Ohio University
- B.A. in Broadcasting and Speech, Cedarville University
- Certificate, NewTech Production Program, The Recording Workshop
- On air talent for the CDR Radio Network 25 years
- Dayton Public Radio 1998. Director of "Adventures in Time" A 26-episode dramatic program recorded before a live audience
- "The Calvary Connection" 2006 - 2007 A weekly radio program produced for Calvary Baptist Church in Covington, KY and aired on WLW-AM
- "The Passage" 2008 - 2011 A weekly radio program produced for Temple Baptist Church in Portsmouth, OH and aired on the CDR Radio Network
- Hobbies: In my personal time, I enjoy relaxing with my bride, Beth, my family (including grandchildren Asher, Rowan, Cora, and Harper), and pursuing the hobbies of reading, hiking, canoeing, hunting, and stained glass.
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I love Cedarville University. God led me back several years after graduation and has given me the opportunity to help prepare students for careers in media through classes and through Resound Radio. I enjoy Cedarville because it is very rewarding to serve in a place where God is doing great things.