Scott Hodgin, MAAssistant Professor of English
Professor Hodgin teaches English Composition and Introduction to Literature. He was an adjunct for one year before joining the faculty full time. Prior to teaching at Cedarville, he taught at Middle Tennessee State University, John Tyler Community College, Virginia Commonwealth University, and most recently at Legacy Christian Academy. Professor Hodgin is a fall 2024 candidate for his DEdMin degree in leadership from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Education and Credentials
- MACE in Leadership, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MA in English, Middle Tennessee State University
- BA in English and Communications, Wingate University
- The Redemptive Power of Love in the Novels of Charles Williams. Graduate Thesis. T 370 M58t, No. 2020, M.T.S.U. 1996.
- "The Power of Collaborative Discourse and the Teaching of Audience," Tennessee English Journal, (October 1995).
- Running, fishing, reading, songwriting, and studying God’s Word, as well as good coffee, good food, and good friends
God is so gracious to allow my wife and me to be a part of the Cedarville family. We prayed that God would give us an opportunity to steward our lives well, investing in others to share what God has taught us through our work, education, and ministry experiences. I specifically appreciate the University's focus on teaching and discipling students, focusing them on their call to love God and others, and challenging them to steward their own lives for the Word of God and the Testimony of Jesus Christ.