Justin Cole, PharmD, BCPSChair and Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, Director, Center for Pharmacy Innovation
Dr. Justin Cole joined the faculty in 2016 and focuses his teaching, research, and clinical efforts on pediatric pharmacy practice and healthcare ethics. Prior to joining the faculty at Cedarville, Dr. Cole worked at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, providing oversight of the clinical pharmacy and investigational drug services for the hospital. He was recognized at Cedarville University as Preceptor of Distinction in 2016, Distinguished Pharmacy Faculty Member in 2022, and Faculty Innovator of the Year in 2023. Dr. Cole is an active member of the Pediatric Pharmacy Association and the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. He continues to practice as a clinical pharmacist at Rocking Horse Community Health Center in Springfield, Ohio, and remains involved in medical missions efforts.
Education and Credentials
- PharmD, Ohio Northern University
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Implementation of an Electronic Pharmacy Scoring Tool to Prioritize Clinical Pharmacists' Daily Workflow at a Pediatric Institution (Amber D Brax, Matthew M Sapko, Justin W Cole, et al.) American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (2023)
- Motivational Interviewing and Vaccine Acceptance in Children: The MOTIVE Study (Justin W Cole, Aleda MH Chen, Kalista McGuire, et al.) Vaccine (2022) Implementation of an Electronic Pharmacy Scoring Tool to Prioritize Clinical Pharmacists' Daily Workflow at a Pediatric Institution (Amber D Brax, Matthew M Sapko, Justin W Cole, et al.) American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (2023)
- Realizing the Vision for Pediatric Pharmacy Practice Advancement through Strategic Planning and Implementation (Chester Kaczor, Justin W Cole, Matthew Sapko, et al.) American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (2020)
Pediatrics, pharmacy innovation, healthcare ethics, and pharmacy practice advancement.
- Spending time with my wife and three kids, hiking, backpacking, exploring our national parks, playing the guitar, playing golf, following the Columbus Blue Jackets and Ohio State Buckeyes
I am at Cedarville simply because I am passionate about teaching our pharmacy students to approach patient care from a distinctly biblical worldview. I desire to help our students prepare to address future healthcare challenges head-on with excellence, an entrepreneurial spirit, Christ-like compassion, and biblical wisdom.
Cleaning Up Opioid Crisis
Dr. Justin Cole discusses alternatives to opioids in specific cases that doctors and pharmacists are using to help curb addiction.
Why Prescription Drugs are Costly
Dr. Justin Cole discusses why prescription drugs are so expensive for so many people.