Juanita Draime, R.Ph., Pharm.D.Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Juanita A. Draime has previously worked as an educator as well as in an inpatient pharmacy setting. Her interests include assessing health-related outcomes with the goal of improving care for chronic disease states and pharmacy care for the underserved. She has been involved with local, state, and national pharmacy associations and is currently serving as the Secretary of the Miami Valley Pharmacists Association (MVPA), a board member on the Miami Valley Women's Center Medical Advisory Board as well as serving as a delegate for Ohio Pharmacist's Association (OPA) to the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) and a delegate for Region 3 for the National Pharmaceutical Association (NPhA). She also serves as the Co-Chair for the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Drug Information and Libary Services (DILS) Professional Resources Committee. Dr. Draime has also received the 2020 Clinical Research Paper Award from APhA.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Cedarville University
- B.S.P.S., Cedarville University
- Health Outcomes Research Fellowship, Cedarville University
- Utilizing Required PharmD Projects and Assistantships to Engage Students in Research Across Disciplines (Aleda Chen, Juanita A Draime, Melissa J. Beck, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2018
- Impact of Student vs Faculty Facilitators on Motivational Interviewing Student Outcomes. (Rebecca Widder-Prewett, Juanita A Draime, Ginger Cameron, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2017)
- Description and Comparison of Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in the United States (Douglas C. Anderson, Juanita A. Draime and Timothy S. Anderson) Journal of the American Pharmacists Association (2016)
- Student Self-assessment of Motivational Interviewing Skills (Rebecca M. Widder, Juanita A. Draime, Thaddeus T. Franz, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2016)
- STEPS Towards Better Health Care Delivery: A Student-Led Multidisciplinary Approach (Stephanie Welsh, Juanita A. Draime and Rachael Libertin) University of Dayton & Miami Valley Hospital Annual Healthcare Symposium (2016)
- Interests: Camping, reading, scrapbooking, traveling with family
- Why Cedarville? After completing my pharmacy degree here, Cedarville has become a second home to me and it is a privilege to be able to continue to serve here. I hope to be able to use the gifts I have been given to help other students as they complete their journeys that God has given them.