Emily Laswell, PharmDAssociate Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Laswell earned her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from Ohio Northern University in 2012 and completed her postgraduate pharmacy residency at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio. During her residency, she obtained a teaching certificate from the Raabe College of Pharmacy at Ohio Northern University. Her teaching and research interests include empathy development, spirituality in healthcare, interprofessional education, neurology, and internal medicine. Dr. Laswell currently practices at Riverside Methodist Hospital where she focuses on the treatment of patients with various neurologic disease states.
Education and Credentials
- PharmD, Ohio Northern University
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Grandview Medical Center
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
- Cryder BT, Patel I, Bates JA, Laswell E, Johnson MS. Pharmacy Applications in Education. In: Johnson MS (ed), Spirituality In Pharmacy: Providing Holisitic Care – It’s More Than Just Taking Medicine. 1st Edition. Washington, DC: American Pharmacists Association; 2021.
- Draime J, Wicker E, Laswell E, Chen AMH. Implementation and assessment of using patient cases using the SBAR method to teach patient quality of life issues. CPTL 2021;13(8).
- Laswell E, Wicker E, Keib C, Younkin F, Sled E, Coe K, Lefever S, Chen AMH. Integration of an interprofessional training session on holistic patient care to improve student understanding of team roles, values, and ethics. Innovations in Pharmacy. 2020;11(4). https://doi.org/10.24926/iip.v11i4.3271
- Sjoquist L, Cailor S, Conkey L, Ng B, Wilcox R, Laswell E. [corresponding author] An educational intervention to improve pharmacy student empathy for patients on hemodialysis. Curr Pharm Teach Learn. 2020;12(7).
Internal medicine and holistic care
Reading, puzzles, traveling, spending time with family
As a pharmacy practice resident, I was able to spend time at Cedarville University and I fell in love with the students and environment. I really enjoy walking alongside our students and helping them grow both as a pharmacist and as Christ followers!