Brenda Pahl, PharmDAssociate Professor of Pharmacy, Director of Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences
Prior to her academic appointment at Cedarville in 2015, Dr. Pahl served as a practicing pharmacist in various practice areas including hospital/acute care, pharmacy management, ambulatory care, long term care, and community settings. Her interests include anticoagulation, medication reconciliation, medication/patient safety, and student academic success.
Education and Credentials
- PharmD, The Ohio State University
- BS in Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Pharmacy Students' Perspectives Regarding Co-Curricular Activities ( B.L. Pahl, M. Firmin, F. Younkin, Z. Krauss, A. Davidson) Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning (2022).
- Development and Perceptions of an Academic Success Tool for Pharmacy Students (M.H. Pitts, N.J.Smith, J.A. Bates et al) Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy (2021).
- Impact of Integrating Health Literacy and Cultural Competency Concepts Across the Curriculum (S.M. Cailor, E. Wicker, N.G. Harper, T.F. Franz, B.L.Pahl, Aleda M.H. Chen) American Journal Pharmaceutical Education (2020).
- Heart for the Broken (Emily M. Laswell, Brenda L. Pahl and Andrew M. Straw) Christianity and Pharmacy (2017)
- Acute VTE in a Patient with Moderate Chronic Kidney Disease (B Pahl, D. Anderson) Oral Anticoagulation Therapy: Cases and Clinical Correlation (2017).
Opioid crisis, medication safety, and anticoagulation
- Scrapbooking, crocheting, sewing, watching my grandson's sporting events
I am excited to be part of an academic program that is Christ-centered. I look forward to sharing my faith with future pharmacy professionals and demonstrating how they can share Christ’s love to others.