Beth Sibbitt, PharmDAssistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Sibbitt completed her PGY1 residency training at Kettering Health Main Campus. She maintains active involvement in the pharmacy profession, including serving on committees of several professional organizations. Her areas of interest include interprofessional education, student development, infectious disease, and hematology/oncology. She maintains a clinical practice in the area of specialty pharmacy with patients receiving oral medications for cancer treatment at the Kettering Health Cancer Pavilion.
Education and Credentials
- Pharm.D., Cedarville University
- B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Cedarville University
- B.S. in Biology, Cedarville University
- Board-certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP)
- Teaching Certificate, Cedarville University
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), American Heart Association
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Certification, American Pharmacists Association
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certification, American Pharmacist Association
- Van de Roovaart, H. J., Stevens, M. M., Goodridge, A. E., Baden, K. R., Sibbitt, B. G., Delaney, E., ... & Chen, A. M. (2023). Safety and efficacy of vitamin B in cancer treatments: A systematic review. Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 10781552231178686.
- Ledbetter, E., Lau, S., Enterline, A., Sibbitt, B., & Chen, A. M. (2020). A simulation activity to assess student pharmacists’ knowledge and perceptions of oncology pharmacy. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 84(5).
- Corbett, A., McGowin, A., Sieber, S., Flannery, T., & Sibbitt, B. (2012). A method for reliable voluntary oral administration of a fixed dosage (mg/kg) of chronic daily medication to rats. Laboratory animals, 46(4), 318-324.
- Corbett, A., Sieber, S., Wyatt, N., Lizzi, J., Flannery, T., Sibbitt, B., & Sanghvi, S. (2013). Abstract WP105: An Effective Delayed Treatment for Ischemic Stroke Uses Fluoxetine and Simvastatin.)
- Ambulatory oncology care with added focus on specialty medication and precision medicine
- Active with interprofessional education initiatives
- Coffee, reading, sand volleyball, DIY projects, board games, traveling, foster care
I have a lengthy history with Cedarville and have always been so impressed by and thankful for the faculty here. Many of them have helped shape the trajectory of my personal and professional development. When an opportunity arose to be part of the School of Pharmacy, I jumped at the chance to "pay it forward" to the next generation of pharmacy practitioners. This is a place that has made such an impact on my walk with the Lord and in my professional pursuits, and I am so excited to be part of the team who gets to pour into students.