Nate Smith, PharmD, BCPSAssistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
Dr. Nate Smith practices as a cardiology pharmacist at Kettering Health Dayton (KHDO) and teaches topics in cardiology and bioethics at Cedarville. He maintains a practice that serves both general and heart failure cardiology at KHDO, where he integrates students and pharmacy residents each year. He currently serves as the District 5 Trustee of the Ohio Pharmacists Association.
Education and Credentials
- PharmD, Cedarville University School of Pharmacy
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Teaching Certificate, Marshall University School of Pharmacy
- Development and perceptions of an academic success tool for pharmacy students (Merideth (Hoagland) Pitts, Nathanael J Smith, Jeffrey A Bates, et al.) Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy (2022).
Heart failure management and medical principlism in relation to personhood
- Traveling with my wife and kids, serving in our local church, adventure racing
The Lord brought my wife and me to Cedarville as students, and after residency guided us back. The opportunity to nurture Christians who happen to be future pharmacists into faithful submission to Christ and His Word is a tremendous blessing.