Elisha Injeti, PhDAssociate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Dr. Elisha Injeti joined the School of Pharmacy in its inaugural year in 2009. He teaches neuropharmacology, cardiovascular pharmacology and pharmacokinetics in the PharmD curriculum. Dr. Injeti's research interests include skeletal muscle metabolism and smooth muscle biology. His research articles are published in peer reviewed journals for physiology, pharmacology and molecular biology. He also presented his research at various national and international pharmacology conferences. He has served in organizatons like American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists, American College of Clinical Pharmacology and currently serves as a member in American Society for Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics.
Education and Credentials
- PhD in Pharmacology at Loma Linda University
- Certificate in Biomedical and Clinical Ethics, Loma Linda University
- MPharm in Pharmacology at Andhra University, India
- BPharm in Pharmaceutical Sciences at Andhra University, India
- Rotello R, Pauley B, Injeti E and Veenstra T. In vitro Characterization of SARS-CoV-2 protein translated from the Moderna mRNA-1273 Vaccine. Sci J Biol & Life Sci. 2(4): 2022. SJBLS.MS.ID.000541. DOI: 10.33552/SJBLS.2022.02.000541
- Sorensen DW, Injeti ER, Mejia-Aguilar L, Williams JM, Pearce WJ. Postnatal development alters functional compartmentalization of myosin light chain kinase in ovine carotid arteries. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2021 Sep 1;321(3):R441-R453. doi: 10.1152/ajpregu.00293.2020. Epub 2021 Jul 28. PMID: 34318702; PMCID: PMC8530762
- Mittal A, Dua A, Gupta S, Injeti E. A research update: Significance of cytokine storm and diaphragm in COVID-19. Curr Res Pharmacol Drug Discov. 2021;2:100031. doi: 10.1016/j.crphar.2021.100031. Epub 2021 Apr 30. PMID: 34870147; PMCID: PMC8086263
- Bala M, Gupta P, Gupta S, Dua A, Injeti E, Mittal A. Efficient and modified 2-NBDG assay to measure glucose uptake in cultured myotubes. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2021 May-Jun;109:107069. doi: 10.1016/j.vascn.2021.107069. Epub 2021 Apr 20. PMID: 33892108.
- Kaur N, Gupta P, Saini V, Sherawat S, Gupta S, Dua A, Kumar V, Injeti E, Mittal A. Cinnamaldehyde regulates H2 O 2 -induced skeletal muscle atrophy by ameliorating the proteolytic and antioxidant defense systems. J Cell Physiol. 2019 May;234(5):6194-6208. doi: 10.1002/jcp.27348. Epub 2018 Oct 14. PMID: 30317570.
Pharmacology (how drugs work in our body) and pharmacokinetics (how to dose a drug).
Soccer, biking, and spending time with family
Because Cedarville is a Christ-centered institution that seeks to honor God in everything it does.