Recommended High School Courses
Although Cedarville doesn't prescribe actual secondary school course requirements, we strongly recommend that you follow a college preparatory curriculum that includes the following:
- 4 units of English (grammar, composition, and literature),
- 3-4 units of mathematics (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Pre-calculus),
- 3 units of natural science (physical science, biology, and chemistry),
- 3 units of social studies (history and government), and
- 3 units of a single foreign language.
If you plan to study pharmacy, engineering, science, mathematics, or nursing, take as many courses in mathematics and science as possible in your secondary school curriculum.
It is common for applicants to present transcripts containing honors, advanced placement, and international baccalaureate courses.
When choosing electives in your secondary education, select those that develop your interests and skills in the field you're considering for a major.