Finding My Textbook Information
Students can find textbook information for each semester in the following locations:
- Access Your Class Schedule in myCU.
- Select a Term.
- Select the Retrieve Schedule link for the term.
- Select the Textbook link for each course listed to view the textbook information.
- Access the Undergraduate Course Schedules from
the Office of the Registrar.
- Select a Semester and Course Session.
- Select a Department and Subject to locate your course information.
- Select the View Textbook link for each course to view the textbook information.
Ordering My Textbooks
You can order or rent new or used textbooks from the Campus Store or from our competitors. If you order from the Campus Store, you are assured to receive the right books, and you won’t have to wait up to three weeks for your materials like you may with some of our competitors.
We have no-hassle returns within the open return period. Plus, we can ship anywhere in the world and most in-stock books ship within one–two business days.
Comparing Textbook Prices
Whether you are looking for new or used books, e-books, or you want to rent a book for a course, Cedarville’s Textbook Comparison site provides pricing information for Cedarville options plus multiple other bookstores (e.g., Amazon, Half.com). This helps you make an informed decision to receive the best possible price.
We want to earn your business through competitive pricing and service, but it’s OK if you find a lower price with one of our competitors. If you go through the Cedarville Textbook Comparison site for your books, there is no markup to you. However, the University receives an advertising commission, which helps us to keep your overall costs lower.
Online textbook rental options are available on the Textbook Comparison site through our partnership with Bookstore Solutions. Students may also access the rental option through the Campus Store in-store kiosk when visiting Cedarville.
Whether you rent your textbooks online or through the in-store kiosk, you must return rented books at the end of the semester to the Campus Store or to Bookstore Solutions. If you decide to purchase the rented textbook, you can keep the textbook and Bookstore Solutions will charge your credit card for the balance between the purchase price and what you paid for the rental.
- Required –The text is required by the professor and should be acquired for the course.
- Recommended – These are supplemental readings that are not required and assignments will not be given on these materials. They have been recommended by the instructor as materials that will enhance the learning experience in the course.
- No Materials Required –There are no materials or textbooks required for this course.
Ohio College Credit Plus (CCP) Students
Textbooks will be provided by the high school for CCP funded courses. Please contact your school guidance counselor to obtain your textbooks.
Homeschool, non-chartered private school, and Family Pay Option students must provide their own textbooks.
Students have the right to preview course materials prior to registration. Textbooks for most courses are on reserve at the Centennial Library. The Campus Store publishes the ISBN for all course materials.