One Thousand Days Transformed - The Campaign for Cedarville
A group of international students studying in the grass by Cedar Lake

Undergraduate International Admissions

Cedarville University welcomes applications for admission from all over the world! International students are those who legally reside and hold citizenship in a country other than the United States of America.

What should I expect to submit along with my application?

Christian Leader Reference Form

Required of all undergraduate applicants, this form may be completed by any church leader holding a position within the church you attend. Please have the email address of your recommender available when you apply. You will be asked to use it to send your recommender an electronic form.

Standardized Tests

Due to limited availability of standardized testing during the COVID-19 pandemic, Cedarville will not require a standardized test score as a requirement for admission for students entering any term through spring 2023. Standardized test scores may still be used to demonstrate English proficiency.

English Proficiency

Students must demonstrate English proficiency to be admitted to academic study. In addition to submitting the ACT or SAT exam, international students are required to demonstrate English proficiency through one of the following:

  • Achieving an internet based score of 80 on the TOEFL
  • Achieving a 6.5 on the IELTS exam
  • Demonstrating English proficiency on the English 3 Proficiency Test (E3PT)
  • Achieving an ACT composite score of at least 22 and English sub-score of 22
  • Achieving a SAT score of at least 1100 and Writing and Language sub-score of 550
  • Completing at least two years in an English-speaking high school setting (i.e. English-speaking international school), including two years of high school English courses (non-ESL) with satisfactory grades
  • Provide proof of citizenship and residency from a native speaking English country
  • Completing an entire baccalaureate program in a regionally accredited or otherwise approved college or university

Official Academic Transcripts

Official secondary school transcripts and/or documentation of completion of a secondary school program are required of all applicants. Transcripts must include at least three years of grades earned, credits earned/attempted, class rank, and cumulative grade point average. When submitting the transcript, it is beneficial for the secondary school to include the grading scale or an explanation of the manner in which grades are assessed.

If the transcripts are in a language other than English or are from a non-American high school program, the original transcript must be submitted to a credential evaluation service. If the transcripts are in a language other than English, the original transcript must be submitted along with a notarized English translation.

The cost for credential verification and translation is the responsibility of the applicant.

We recommend the following credential evaluation/translation services:

Affidavit of Financial Support

All international applicants must submit an affidavit of financial support, along with credible documented evidence (bank statements, fixed certificates of deposit, etc.) that you have enough readily available funds to meet all expenses (tuition, room, board, etc.) for the first year of study without having to seek outside employment. International students are limited to on-campus employment only and cannot displace qualified U.S. citizens for such positions.

What is the timeline for international student admission?

International students should follow the University admissions procedure carefully, submitting their application materials well in advance so that sufficient time is available for processing and communication. The application completion deadline for Fall Semester is May 1 and for Spring Semester is November 1.

Once an international student’s application for admission has been accepted, the following process should begin:

  • Cedarville University’s designated school official processes the I-20 form and sends it to student.
  • International student takes the I-20 form to the U.S. embassy/consulate in their country where it is either approved or denied that the student can study in the U.S.
  • Complete the International Student Financial Information Form and submit to the financial aid office.
  • Refer to the international student website for any further details about international student orientation.