One Thousand Days Transformed - The Campaign for Cedarville

Cedarville University employs nearly 700 faculty and staff and more than 1,200 students each year. For your convenience, we've compiled a list of frequent questions about your payroll and available options.

Student Employees Related Questions

I accepted a job on campus. How do I get paid for the hours I work?

If you have not previously worked on campus or are a returning student employee with a break in student registration, please note the following:

  • After a job offer is extended and accepted, students must complete required payroll paperwork before their first day of employment.
  • When employment paperwork is required, students should bring a copy of their employment offer letter to Student Employment.
  • Students will complete all required forms through Student Employment. Please refer to that website for hours and location.
  • Returning student employees do not need to complete new paperwork unless there is a break in student registration.
  • Students will complete an I-9, applicable tax forms, and a direct deposit form.
  • United States Citizenship and Immigration Services requires that student employees provide original, unexpired documents, called Acceptable Documents, to complete their I-9 form. These documents provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
  • Students may provide one document from List A or one document from both List B and List C to complete the I-9 Form.
  • The University cannot accept photocopies, PDF’s or faxes of documents required to complete the I-9.
  • After students complete all required forms, Student Employment will issue an approved "New Hire Checklist" form, authorizing the student to begin work.
  • The student should present this form to the hiring manager, who will finalize the hiring process.
  • After the hiring process is finalized, the student will be able to log hours worked and will be paid via direct deposit or Dayforce Wallet.

What if I don't have my original Social Security Card? Can I bring a copy of the card or provide the number?

Per Federal Government guidelines (Department of Homeland Security), the original of a social security card is the only sufficient form of the document that can be accepted. No faxes, photocopies, or other documentation is allowed as proof of citizenship.

What if I've worked on campus before? Do I need to complete tax forms every year?

Unless you are returning to Cedarville University after a break in status as a registered student, you only need to complete the necessary tax forms once. You do not need to complete them each year unless you have a change in residency.

What if I forget to log my hours?

Contact your supervisor and have your supervisor e-mail Payroll with the number of hours you worked.

When do I get paid?

Please reference the Payroll Schedule to see the dates of Student Payroll.

How do I receive my pay?

As a Cedarville University employee, you have two options for receiving your pay: direct deposit or Dayforce Wallet. The University does not issue paper checks to employees. 

Faculty and Staff Related Questions

How do I change my withholdings on my Federal W-4 and/or my Ohio form?

Please print the Federal W-4 and/or the Ohio State Tax Form and complete the necessary information. Return forms to payroll and your adjustments will be made.

How can I change the amount of my 403b contributions?

You should complete the Salary Reduction Agreement and return the form to payroll. The adjustment will be noted on your next paycheck.

I set up an account with a new retirement provider. How do I change where my 403b contributions are sent?

After ensuring your account with the new provider is open, complete the Salary Reduction Agreement and return the form to payroll.

How do I sign up for direct deposit?

Follow the direct deposit instructions to deposit your payroll directly into a checking or savings account.