Paying for Your Trip
As you’re choosing your study abroad experience, be sure to make note of the costs. Most semester trips are comparable in costs to a semester on campus, but some will be more expensive. Any overage will be billed to the student. Airfare is not included in the pricing. Check out your program’s website thoroughly to find out what is covered in the program fees. Some locations will require that you consider the cost of local transportation to and from class.
Students who participate in any Cedarville University Study Abroad program will remain enrolled at Cedarville University. As an enrolled student, current financial aid may apply to the cost of the program. Check with Cedarville University Financial Aid to confirm and to complete your FAFSA paperwork. You are responsible for the application fee and program deposit.
Approximate Costs for a Semester Study Abroad Experience:
- Cedarville Semester Tuition – $15,561 (2019-20)
*The program costs are compared to Cedarville tuition. Any overage will be billed to the student. If your program bills Cedarville for $17,000, you will be billed for Cedarville tuition plus $1,439.
- Airfare (approximate) – $800–$1,300
- Cedarville Non-refundable Fee – $200 due with the application and medical screening paperwork
- Cedarville Non-refundable Administrative Fee – $250
- Spending money – Varies
- Total –$16,385–$16,885 plus spending money
You may pursue the following funding options; access the link for more information and how to apply.
- Modern Languages Study Abroad Scholarship – The Modern Languages Study Abroad Scholarship is Cedarville-specific endowed scholarship offered to students who plan to study European or critical languages during their semester of study abroad.
- Alumni Spanish Majors Scholarship – The Alumni Spanish Majors Scholarship is for Spanish majors at Cedarville, with preference given to students who have been accepted for a semester or summer study abroad trip.
- Benjamin A. Gilman Need-Based Scholarship – The Benjamin A. Gilman is a scholarship sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State.
- Institute of International Education –The Institute of International Education has a comprehensive resource for study abroad funding.