Intramural 3 Player Basketball
- Registration Dates: September 16-22
- Play Begins: October 1
- Format: All teams will play 3-5 round robin games first with the top teams entering a combined single elimination tournament to determine the overall champion for each gender.
- Number of players per team: Minimum: 4, Maximum: 6, During Play: 3
- No more than two ex-varsity or JV basketball players on any one team. * See below for more details
- Officials: There will be one score keeper and one game official provided for each game. Anyone interested in becoming a basketball score keeper or official should attend the appropriate meeting/clinic. The Score Keepers Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 25 at 7:30 p.m. in CAL 209 and the Official's Clinic is scheduled for the same evening and same location at 8:15 p.m.
- Women's A & B
- Men's A & B
Scheduling: When signing up a team, please indicate your teams top three playing days and times as well as your team’s conflicts. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to play at your most preferred day/time.
- 3 on 3 Basketball Rules
|Women||Thursday||7:45 & 8:45 p.m.|
|Men A1||Monday||7:45 p.m.|
|Men A2||Wednesday||9:45 p.m.|
|Men A3||Thursday||9:45 p.m.|
|Men B1||Monday||8:45 p.m.|
|Men B2||Monday||9:45 p.m.|
|Men B3||Tuesday||8:45 p.m.|
|Men B4||Tuesday||9:45 p.m.|
|Men B5||Wednesday||7:45 p.m.|
|Men B7||Thursday||8.45 p.m.|
* Eligibility Policies taken from our Intramural Sports Handbook
- A student who is a member of any intercollegiate varsity athletic team, or who is red-shirting for a varsity team, or who at one time during the school year was a member of a varsity team and has been declared academically ineligible, or is working out (practicing) with a varsity team and continues to do so past that teams first regular season game (including transfer students), is not eligible to participate in the same, or similar intramural sport during the academic year in which they are so listed.
- A student who is a member of any junior varsity (JV) intercollegiate athletic team, or who at one time during the school year was a member of a JV team and has been declared academically ineligible, or is working out (practicing) with a JV team and continues to do so past that teams first regular season game (including transfer students), is not eligible to participate in the same, or similar intramural sport during the semester in which they are so listed. Once a player finishes his JV season in the fall (i.e. basketball, volleyball, soccer) and does not move up to the varsity squad, he/she may participate in the same or similar intramural sport the following semester (spring).
- Former intercollegiate Varsity athletes may participate the year following their intercollegiate involvement. Former intercollegiate JV athletes may participate the semester following their intercollegiate JV involvement. Any one intramural team is limited to the following number of former varsity and JV players:
- Basketball and volleyball - no more than 2 ex-Varsity * or JV players on an intramural volleyball, wallyball or basketball team.
* Players who were considered "starters" and started at least half of the games on a varsity team will count as two ex players.