What can I do with an M.B.A. degree?
Professionals who earn an M.B.A. have many have many rewarding and dynamic career opportunities. Cedarville Universities online M.B.A. will prepare you for any number of careers in senior management and leadership roles for a variety of organizations.
The direction of your career may depend on the concentration of your M.B.A.:
- The Business Analytics track will prepare you as a leader who uses statistics and data to help your organization operate more efficiently and effectively.
- The Cybersecurity Management track will prepare you for advanced roles in the cybersecurity field.
- The Healthcare Administration track will prepare you for a career as a healthcare administrator or executive in settings such as nursing homes, hospitals, and group physician practices, among others.
- The Innovation and Entrepreneurship track will prepare you to use innovative ideas to start or grow business.
- The Operations Management track will prepare you for a career as a business operations manager, operations research analyst, and management analyst, among others.
What can I do with an M.B.A. and no experience?
With an M.B.A. degree, you should have no trouble entering an entry-level position in a field that interests you. The most common entry-level careers for recent M.B.A. grads include public service manager, financial analyst, customer relations, marketing and sales, and product manager. And, with an M.B.A., you will have the skills to quickly move beyond an entry-level position in your chosen field.
What are job opportunities with an M.B.A.?U.S.News and World Reports lists the following jobs as some of the best for recent M.B.A. graduates (depending on their undergraduate degree), because of robust job growth, generous salaries, and low employment:
- Compliance Office
- Business Operations Manager
- Financial Manager
- Medical and Health Services Manager
I have an M.B.A. degree. Now what?As you’re looking to advance your career once you’ve earned your M.B.A., take advantage of some of the following strategies:
- Stay in touch with your alumni or faculty network
- Attend professional conferences
- Explore career options
- Volunteer or join a board
- Get involved with rotary/civic organizations
- Find freelance work
What does an M.B.A. give you?
An M.B.A. equips you with skills in business management. You’ll develop foundational business practices, such as accounting, finance, marketing, and management. An M.B.A. also provides you with valuable networking opportunities from your cohort and faculty.
Does an M.B.A. help your career?Yes! Earning an M.B.A. offers both professional and personal benefits, including:
- New career paths
- Increased earning potential
- Improved professional skills
- Greater job security
- Expanded professional network
What is the average salary of someone with an M.B.A.?
In 2016, the median starting salary that U.S.-based companies planned to offer recent M.B.A. graduates was $105,000. Because this number is going to be highly variable between programs and industries, it may be more helpful to think about how much more effective will you be with an M.B.A. An investment in an M.B.A. is an investment in your ability to serve God in increasing levels of leadership. An M.B.A. is the next step for most business professionals as they want to equip themselves for future leadership positions.
How much will an M.B.A. degree increase my salary?
A recent study published by Forbes showed a 50% increase in salaries for professionals with an M.B.A. Yet the question a future Cedarville University graduate should ask is, “How much will an M.B.A. increase my ability to be a more effective servant for God in my vocational context?” We want you to become professionally equipped to become all God has planned for you in one of His primary mission fields: the workplace.