All undergraduate programs within the School of Education are NCATE accredited. (Now known as CAEP)
Lori Ferguson, Ed.D.Assistant Professor of Education
Dr. Lori Ferguson taught seventh- and eighth-grade math in the Fairborn City School district for seven years. There she served on curriculum and development committees, mentored first-year and pre-service teachers, as well as helped to integrate the high school level Algebra class into the junior high school. Professor Ferguson next taught third grade at Cedar Cliff Elementary School. She began working at Cedarville University in 2007 as a supervisor of teacher candidates in the Department of Education, which led to an adjunct position teaching math and eventually to a full-time faculty position.
Education and Credentials
- Ed.D. in Teaching Mathematics, University of Cincinnati
- M.S. in Educational Leadership, University of Dayton
- B.A. in Elementary Education, Cedarville University
- Creating Grit and Perseverance Through Critical Thinking (Lori Ferguson) Teacher Education Albania (2018)
- Games in the Mathematics Classroom (Lori Ferguson) Teacher Education Albania (2018)
- Is There More to Mathematics Than the Right Answer? (Lori Ferguson) Teacher Education Albania (2018)
- Pre-Service Teachers' Definitions of Academic and Mathematical Academic Language (Lori Ferguson and Shelly Sheats Harkness) The Ohio Journal of Teacher Education (2017)
- Tricky Topics in Mathematics (Lori Ferguson and Sarah Gilchrist) The Great Homeschool Convention (2016)
- Favorite places to visit: Any place with a beach, Mexico being near the top of the list.
- Hobbies: Reading, playing with my kids, scrapbooking, blogging
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I am at Cedarville because I am excited about learning alongside and participating with pre-service teachers in a way that allows them to glorify God wherever they go.