All undergraduate programs within the School of Education are NCATE accredited. (Now known as CAEP)
Brenda MacKay, Ed.D.Associate Professor of Education
Dr. Brenda MacKay is a former educator and administrator in both public and Christian schools in Georgia, Illinois, and New Brunswick, Canada. She joined the education faculty at Cedarville University in 2000. Using her certification in curriculum, instruction, and supervision, Dr. MacKay has experience in mentoring student teachers, school faculty, and partnering with education faculty at Georgia State University, the University of Georgia, Emory University, and the University of New Brunswick in Canada. Dr. MacKay has researched, published, and presented at conferences on the history of education in Canada and how students are impacted by student teaching in English-speaking schools overseas. Dr. MacKay is a member of the National Science Teacher's Association, where she has presented workshops at national conferences to early childhood classroom teachers.
Education and Credentials
- Ed.D. with an emphasis in Curriculum and Instruction, Bob Jones University
- M.A. in Elementary Education with an emphasis in Supervision, University of Georgia
- B.A. in Elementary Education, Oglethorpe University
- Historical Influences on the Curriculum in Canada (Brenda B. MacKay and Michael W. Firmin) Psychology Faculty Publications (2012)
- The Historical Development of Private Education in Canada (Brenda B. MacKay and Michael W. Firmin) Education Faculty Publications (2012)
- Cooperating Teacher Roles in International Classrooms with High Percentages of ELLs (Brenda B. MacKay and Annis N. Shaver) Journal of Behavioral and Social Sciences (2016)
- From Frustration to Confidence: How Pre-service Teachers in an Overseas Cross-cultural Context Use Frustration to Enhance Communication (Annis N. Shaver and Brenda B. MacKay) Journal of Behavioral and Social Sciences (2014)
- Spiritual Dynamics Involved with Overseas Student Teachers: A Qualitative Analysis (Michael W. Firmin, Ruth Firmin and Brenda B. MacKay) Christian Higher Education (2009)
- Favorite Places to Visit: United States: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, and California; Abroad: Ireland, England, and Scotland
- Hobbies: Reading, gardening, porcelain doll making, spending time with four grandsons
- Why I’m at Cedarville: I love teaching and I enjoy spending time with Cedarville students both inside and outside of class. It is exciting to watch students grow both educationally and spiritually over their four years here. Assisting students in finding teaching positions in the United States and overseas gives me great joy.