Bryana Fern, Ph.D., M.A.Assistant Professor of English
Dr. Bryana Fern is a native of Tampa, Florida. After completing her undergraduate work in English and creative writing at the University of South Florida, she began graduate work in creative writing with the Center for Writers at The University of Southern Mississippi, where she received her M.A. and Ph.D. in fiction.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in English, Creative Writing, The University of Southern Mississippi
- M.A. in English, Creative Writing, University of Southern Mississippi
- B.A. in English, University of South Florida
- Studying DC comics, painting, all things Star Trek, hiking, snorkeling, horseback riding, coffee, historical fiction movies, music by Queen, cuddling with her two cats
- Why Cedarville?: Ever since knowing I wanted to be a writer and work in English, I wanted to find a place where my faith would be a part of that — not separate. Serving students at Cedarville means I can mentor them in Christ more directly than I was able to do at secular institutions. I get to share insights with them about the Christian life both during and after academia that I wish I would have been given as an undergraduate. And I get to work alongside a group of faculty who are graciously invested in me as a person and fellow believer — not just a colleague.