Female student takes notes on laptop in class

Out Of Class

  1. Schedules
  2. Registration
  3. Services
  4. Faculty Information
  5. Contact Us
  6. CedarInfo
  7. New Student FAQ
  8. Veteran's Benefits
  9. Graduation
  10. Transient Study
  11. Test Information
  12. Statistics
  13. FERPA
  14. Current Catalog
  15. Previous Catalogs
  16. Registrar - Graduate and Adult Programs

In order for students with irreconcilable conflicts to be able to complete graduation requirements on schedule, it sometimes is necessary to allow instruction in an out-of-class setting. To take a course out of class:

  • The course must be 2000, 3000, or 4000-level.
  • Approval must be obtained from the department chairperson, the faculty member teaching the class, and the advisor.

To officially register for an Out-of-class course a student must complete a Non-traditional Course Request form which is available in the Office of the Registrar (SSC 132). Exceptions to the course level requirements listed above must be approved by the respective faculty member, department chairperson, and advisor.