Early Assurance Pharmacy
Gain Admission to Pharmacy School as a High School Student!
Cedarville University's direct entry option enables talented high school students to gain early admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy program, (PharmD). This early assurance option eliminates the stress of competing for a spot in the doctoral program after completing the undergraduate prerequisites.
Early Assurance Qualifications
To qualify for the early assurance program:
- Take a college preparatory high school curriculum, earning a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.25 or higher.
- Achieve a composite ACT score of 23 or higher (1150 on the SAT).
- Apply and gain admission to Cedarville as an undergraduate student, selecting Pharmaceutical Science as your desired undergraduate major.
Upon admission to the University, you will be notified of your preferred admission status and asked to accept your invitation to join the School of Pharmacy. Upon your acceptance of this status, a spot in the Doctor of Pharmacy program will be reserved for you, enabling you to enjoy your undergraduate experience at the University fully without worrying if you will be admitted to graduate school.
To retain your preferred admission status you must:
- Maintain a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Remain a student in good standing, in terms of character and student life standards.
Early Assurance Pharmacy Scholarships
As a direct entry pharmacy student, you will be eligible to interview for a Preferred Admission Pharmacy Scholarship. This annual scholarship, which ranges from $3,000 to $5,000 and is based upon your academic credentials and interview score, will be added to any other scholarships you receive from the University. It will continue until you enter the doctor of pharmacy program.