One Thousand Days Transformed - The Campaign for Cedarville
Rushing students walking by the clock outside of the SSC

Application for Summer Loans

NOTE: Please read carefully before proceeding to application.

How do I know if I should complete the application?

Only submit the application if:

  • You plan to use federal loan funds (Direct Student, Parent PLUS, Grad PLUS) if they are available to you.
  • You plan to apply for a private education loan.

Note: Pell Grant and OCOG do not require you to submit a summer application for financial aid. These grants will be reviewed periodically throughout the summer and added to your student account as appropriate.

What kind of financial aid is available for summer school?

Federal student loans. You may be eligible if you did not use your full annual amount during the fall/spring semesters.

Pell Grant. You may be able to receive Pell funds if you are otherwise eligible and did not use your full annual amount during fall/spring semesters.

Ohio College Opportunity Grant. Ohio residents may be eligible for this grant based upon the 2021-22 FAFSA.

Parent PLUS/Grad PLUS loans may be available.

Private education loans are an option as well (Note: This is the only option if you are less than half-time or taking certificate programs).

Scholarships/grants. Institutional and donor-funded scholarships/grants are not available during summer school.

Tuition remission may be available for eligible applicants.

How many credit hours must I take to be eligible for summer loans?

For federal aid you must be at half-time or above, as follows:

  • Undergraduate: 6 credit hours
  • Graduate: 3 credit hours

Do the required credit hours have to be taken all in one summer session?

The minimum credit hours can be satisfied in one single summer 2021 session or combined enrollment in multiple summer 2021 sessions such as modules.

If you receive financial aid for summer school based on credit hours from multiple sessions and you do not attend the subsequent session’s course(s), your financial aid may be canceled and you may be responsible for any payment due the university.

**All hours attempted must be through Cedarville University only (no transient courses).

Do I need to complete the FAFSA to be eligible for summer loans?

Yes, to receive any federal aid, you will need a FAFSA.

  • To better assist our summer students, please be sure you have completed and submitted both the 2020-21 and 2021-22 FAFSAs, as certain grants and criteria depend upon one or both.
  • If you plan to only use a private loan, a FAFSA is not required.

I am a professional PharmD student. Must I apply if I want summer loans?

No, if you are a P4 or rising P4 who will begin your P4 APPE rotations this summer (Note: P4 student aid will be awarded as Summer/Fall/Spring using the 2021-22 FAFSA).

Yes, if you are a PharmD/MBA program student who is taking MBA-only portion of program this summer.

Yes, if you are a rising P1, P2, or P3 PharmD student and you wish to receive financial aid for summer courses.

How long will it take to process my summer loans application? 

Due to manual processing of summer loans applications, please allow 20–30 days after submission of the application and/or 20–30 days after summer registration for a response.


Continue to Application »