Academic merit scholarships are awarded to new freshmen and transfer students based upon their academic credentials at the time they enroll at Cedarville University. These academic merit scholarships are awarded with the following terms and conditions:
- Full-time enrollment required each term at census (12.0 credit hour minimum).
- Scholarship eligibility expires after eight semesters of attendance.
- Scholarship awarding is limited to fall and spring semesters only.
Academic Merit Scholarship Renewal Policy:
Scholarship renewal reviews are performed once each year at the conclusion of Spring Semester. Scholarship renewal Cum GPA requirements are specific to each scholarship (find your scholarship in the table below).
- If your Cedarville Cum GPA is at or above the GPA indicated for your scholarship, it will be renewed for the following academic year (as long as you still have eligible terms remaining).
- If your Cedarville Cum GPA is below the GPA indicated for your scholarship, it will not be renewed. However, students who lose their academic scholarship will be reviewed after Summer Term and Fall Semester. If at any time their Cedarville CUM GPA is raised back to the required renewal GPA, the scholarship will be renewed for the remainder of that academic year.
Began as a Freshmen — Academic Merit
Cum GPA to renew
|President’s Society Fellows Scholarship
|President’s Excellence Scholarship
|Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
|Deans’ Excellence Scholarship
|Faculty Excellence Scholarship
|President’s Scholar Award
|Cedarville Achievement Scholarship
Began as a Transfer — Academic Merit
Cum GPA to renew
|Transfer President’s Excellence Scholarship
|Transfer Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship
|Transfer Deans’ Excellence Scholarship
|Transfer Faculty Excellence Scholarship
|Transfer President’s Scholar Award
|Transfer Cedarville Achievement Scholarship