Instructions for Managers
How to fill a Position: Temp, FT/PT Staff, or Faculty
- Complete an on-line position request.
- If request approved, procede to step 2.
- UHR will post position.
- Applicant pool is created and screened initially by UHR.
- Qualified applications are provided to hiring manager.
- Hiring manager selects candidates for interview.
- Hiring manager makes a recommendation to supervisor and a collective decision is reached.
- Final candidate is selected.
- Hiring manager communicates chosen candidate to UHR.
- Hiring manager submits Request for Background Investigation to UHR. (Note: A background check should be completed prior to an offer being made.)
- UHR will notify the hiring manager once the background check is successfully completed.
- UHR will generate an offer letter at hiring manager's request.
- UHR will co-sign the offer letter and notify Manager. (Note: No verbal offers should be made without UHR sign off approval)
- UHR will coordinate with manager to ensure that all non-selected candidates are notified.