2017–18 Freshmen Scholarships and Grants
(see notes below)
|Academic and Achievement Scholarships||Need-Based Scholarships|
|34+ ACT / 1520+ SAT*
and 4.00 HS GPA
Competitively awarded based on campus interview, excellent Christian character, and leadership ability
|President's Society Fellows Scholarship
Through generous gifts from our donors along with budgeted institutional funds, the University offers need-based aid to help cover students' unmet financial need.
Completion of the FAFSA is required.
more details »
|31+ ACT / 1420+ SAT*
and 3.75 HS GPA
Student identified as a National Merit or National Achievement finalist/semifinalist
|President's Excellence Scholarship
|27+ ACT / 1280+ SAT*
and 3.5 HS GPA
|Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship
|25+ ACT / 1200+ SAT*
and 3.2 HS GPA
|Dean's Excellence Scholarship
|22+ ACT / 1100+ SAT*
and 3.0 HS GPA
|Faculty Excellence Scholarship
|All other students||Cedarville Achievement Scholarship
* SAT Test Scores: - The eligibility requirements for 2017-18 Academic Scholarships are based on SAT tests taken March 2016 and afterwards.Financial aid terms and conditions »
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Athletic Scholarships are awarded to top-performing athletes on an individual basis by the coaches.
One Campus Leadership Scholarship. The One Campus Leadership Scholarship is awarded to students seeking to enhance the Cedarville community through their personal experience and appreciation for ethnic and cultural diversity. In addition to the scholarship award, students will join a select group of aspiring leaders on campus for encouragement and training, leading to priority consideration for leadership opportunities. An application is required.
President's Ministry Impact Scholarship. Celebrating Cedarville's strong support for the local church and those who invest their lives in full-time ministry, this scholarship is awarded to selected students whose parent is in full-time ministry and who demonstrate excellent Christian character and leadership abilities. An application is required.
Foster Care Scholarship. This generous scholarship is awarded to one new student each year who has grown up in the foster care system and is now seeking to enroll at Cedarville. An application is required.
Rev. James D. Parker Sr. Young Leader Scholarship. Cedarville's Office for Intercultural Leadership and the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association (FBFA) are offering one, full-tuition scholarship.
Dr. S. L. Sherrill Honorary Scholarship. Five $2,000 scholarships will be offered to students from North Raleigh Christian Academy.
Donor-Funded Scholarships. Donor-funded scholarships allow donors to meet individual student needs through annually funded or endowed named scholarships. Donors are able to determine criteria and preferences for their named scholarships.
Donor-funded scholarships may underwrite the funding of a student's existing academic or need-based aid or, depending on the wishes of the donors, may be awarded in addition to other institutional aid.
- To be considered for most donor-funded scholarships, candidates must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and/or specific scholarship application as required.
- If a donor-funded scholarship does not require an application, all accepted and enrolled Cedarville University students who meet the scholarship criteria will be considered.
- The Executive Director of Financial Aid and/or a scholarship committee of Cedarville University faculty and staff select recipients.
- Unless noted as a one-time award, donor-funded scholarships may be renewed for subsequent years if the recipients continue to meet the criteria (however, renewal is not guaranteed)
Tuition Remission and Tuition Exchange Opportunities: Cedarville University offers tuition benefits to its full-time faculty, staff, and administrators and participates in the Tuition Exchange program sponsored by the Council of Independent Colleges.