Choose Ohio First Scholarship
Strengthening Ohio’s Future
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship is designed to significantly strengthen Ohio’s competitiveness within science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine (STEMM) disciplines and STEMM education. The following majors are included within the scholarship:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Cyber Operations
- Environmental Science
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Must be first-year freshman student
- Must be Ohio resident
Must complete the 2023-24 FAFSA
- Males must be registered with Selective Service.
- Must be enrolled in one of the aforementioned majors
- Must commit to participating in research and scholarship activities beyond the classroom requirements
Must have a minimum of:
- High school grade point average (GPA) of 3.75 (weighted GPA)
- An ACT score ≥ 27, SAT score ≥ 1260, or CLT score ≥ 84
- Evidence of ability to succeed and be prepared for career opportunities in Ohio
- Evidence of in-class and local engagement with businesses, nonprofits, or government
Students who wish to renew their awards in subsequent years will be selected based on their continued academic progress, determined by a minimum GPA and earned credit hours per semester, as well as involvement with all program-specific on- and off-campus co-curricular activities as previously conducted in past COF funding cycles. These engagement opportunities include, but are not exclusive to, community service activities focused upon promoting STEMM within local schools, on-campus presentations, and seminars (as active participants and attendees), as well as social events.
All eligible incoming students will automatically be considered for this scholarship; no application is required.
Up to $4,500 per year for selected students
- Full-time enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Eligibility expires after eight semesters of attendance
- Limited to fall and spring semesters only
- This award may be combined with other scholarships and grants
- Applicants must complete and submit the 2023-24 FAFSA
NOTE: If you are awarded a Choose Ohio Scholarship and then change your major to a different STEMM major, you may not receive the scholarship funds. Our allocations are predicated upon specific majors and funds do not cross over to all Choose Ohio First programs. Thus, whether you are an admitted or current student and have been awarded a scholarship, please contact the financial aid office prior to changing your major to determine how this may impact your aid.
Yes, this award is renewable as long as the student maintains a 3.0 institutional GPA and continues within their appropriate major.