2018–19 One Campus Leadership Scholarship
- Cost Information
- Scholarships and Grants
- Federal Aid
- State Aid
- Contact Us
- Financial Aid Home
- Jobs on Campus
- Military Aid
- Veteran Benefits
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Graduate Students
- Outside Scholarships
- Scholarship Searches
- Payment Options
- Helpful Links
One Campus Leadership Scholarship
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2018–19.
The One Campus Leadership Scholarship is awarded annually to select undergraduate students seeking to enhance the Cedarville Community through their personal experience and appreciation for ethnic and cultural diversity. In addition to the scholarship award, students will join a select group of aspiring undergraduate leaders on campus for encouragement and training, leading to priority consideration for student leadership opportunities.
The One Campus Mindset
Cedarville University is a local community of learners. We function as one context of the body of Christ. Within this context we strive to live with one another in unity, peace, and righteousness. Our ability to fully demonstrate these qualities of Christian community is limited by the extent to which we resemble the breadth of God’s family. Recognizing that unity is not uniformity, and based on the diversity that we witness in the body of Christ, we believe that greater diversity at Cedarville University enhances the educational experience by providing a better context for demonstrating the unifying power of the Gospel. It also better equips all our students for success in the increasingly global and diverse workplace that awaits them.
As a Christ-centered learning community, Cedarville University has a calling that is higher than tolerance, superficial compliance or obligation. Our goal is purposeful transformation to the image of Christ. Rather than embracing concepts like tolerance, we are called to build Christian community. Such a community should model the reality of the body of Christ, inclusive of diverse people of God using varied gifts for God’s glory. The policies and values of such a Christ-centered University should reflect the Biblical mandate to be ministers of reconciliation, and to bring about genuine unity within a diverse world.
A student (US citizen or permanent resident) may qualify for this award if they meet any of the following criteria:
- First generation college student
- First generation US Citizen or permanent resident
- 3+ years living in a significantly multiethnic community (domestic)
- 3+ years living internationally
- Any school or community activities that are diversity related
- Commitment to advancing diverse organizations, ministries or communities as demonstrated by letter of recommendation
- Student minority status based on race or ethnicity
- Demonstrated interest or commitment to participating in one of Cedarville's diversity initiatives
- Plan to enoll at Cedarville as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
International students (those who are in the US on a student visa) should review the International Aid webpage for their aid options as they are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
To apply for the One Campus Leadership Scholarship:
Complete the online scholarship application
- As part of the online application, complete the essay (300-750 word maximum) describing your personal background and experience and how you believe that experience will contribute to the One Campus mindset at Cedarville University.
- Optional: Complete and submit the 2018-19 FAFSA by February 1 (available Oct. 1, 2017 and based on final 2016 tax data) to have financial need considered in your scholarship application review.
- Note: Interested undergraduate applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as funding is limited.
Application Deadline & Decision Date:
- Application Deadline: All application documents must be received by February 15, 2018.
- Decision Date: Decisions will be announced beginning early March.
Up to $5,000 per year for selected students
- Full-time enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Eligibility expires after eight semesters of attendance
- Limited to fall and spring semesters only
- This award may be combined with other scholarships and grants
- Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the FAFSA in order for financial need to be considered in determining the scholarship award amount.
Yes, this award is renewable as long as the student maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and remains in good standing with the University. "Good standing" shall be determined as follows:
In support of Cedarville University's commitment to the individual and communal benefits of the Cedarville community covenant, an annual review of student conduct will be required for scholarship renewal. Any student who, in the sole discretion of the Student Life Deans on a case-by-case basis, has demonstrated a pattern of conduct that indicates disregard for University policies will not be considered eligible for scholarship renewal.
If a student believes his/her status of scholarship eligibility was determined in error or inappropriately, the student has the option to appeal. The student should submit a letter of appeal that details the factors that should be considered in his/her scholarship standing with the University, as well as his/her plans to address the concerns which led to the standing. Submit the appeal to the Director for Student Development within 14 days of notice of non-renewal. The appeal will be reviewed and the student will receive a response within two weeks of a complete submission of the appeal.