2020–21 Rev. James D. Parker Sr. Young Leader Scholarship
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2020–21.
With a shared commitment to Christian leadership and the local church, Cedarville’s Office for Intercultural Leadership and the Baptist Fellowship Association (BFA) have coordinated to provide a full-tuition scholarship* for an undergraduate student who regularly attends an BFA church (see list) and who enrolls at Cedarville University as a freshman or transfer student starting fall 2020. This scholarship is open to students in any academic major.
* The BFA full-tuition scholarship may be used for eight semesters (fall and spring terms) of course work provided you are enrolled full time and continue in good standing at the University. When awarded, this BFA full-tuition guarantee will include all forms of gift-based aid, including institutional academic and need-based aid, federal aid, state aid, or other forms of outside aid for which a student may qualify. This scholarship will be awarded competitively, based on scholarship applications submitted by interested students.
To be considered for this scholarship, the student must:
- meet all admissions requirements as an accepted new freshman or transfer student who plans to begin his/her enrollment in the fall semester as a new, first-time undergraduate student at Cedarville University
- complete the online scholarship application as described below
- complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually
Using the Cedarville account you created or used to complete the application for admission, log in to access the BFA Scholarship application. Please have the following information available to complete the form:
- Student Information, including your program of interest
- Provide a brief description of your extracurricular activities.
- Describe your involvement in your FBFA local church.
- What makes receiving a Christ-centered higher education degree at Cedarville University essential for your future goals?
To apply for this Scholarship:
- Complete the online scholarship application
- Complete and submit the FAFSA. Cedarville must receive a valid FAFSA (i.e. a calculated EFC).
- Note: The 2020-21 FAFSA (based on 2016 tax data) should be completed no later than February 15 to ensure that Cedarville receives your FAFSA information by the application deadline.
Application Deadline & Decision Date:
- Application Deadline: All application documents must be received by March 15, 2020.
- Decision Date: Decisions will be announced beginning March 31, 2020.
Yes, this award is renewable as long as the student maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and remains in good standing with the University. "Good standing" shall be determined as follows:
In support of Cedarville University's commitment to the individual and communal benefits of the Cedarville community covenant, an annual review of student conduct will be required for scholarship renewal. Any student who, in the sole discretion of the Student Life Deans on a case-by-case basis, has demonstrated a pattern of conduct that indicates disregard for University policies will not be considered eligible for scholarship renewal.
If a student believes his/her status of scholarship eligibility was determined in error or inappropriately, the student has the option to appeal. The student should submit a letter of appeal that details the factors that should be considered in his/her scholarship standing with the University, as well as his/her plans to address the concerns which led to the standing. Submit the appeal to the Director for Student Development within 14 days of notice of non-renewal. The appeal will be reviewed and the student will receive a response within two weeks of a complete submission of the appeal.