Federal Nursing Loan
Federal Nursing Loans are awarded to undergraduate nursing majors who demonstrate financial need and are enrolled at least half-time in courses that are degree-applicable. The Nursing Loan is interest-free while the student is enrolled at least half-time. The fixed 5% interest rate does not start to accrue until after the 9-month grace period of when a student graduates, drops below half-time, or withdraws. The standard Nursing Loan amount is $4,800 for freshmen and sophomores and $7,500 for juniors and seniors.
1. Complete the FAFSA
2. Records Your eAward Decision
Access Financial Aid from myCU and log in. Select ‘Review and accept your Financial Aid Award Package’ to either ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ your loans.
3. Student Completes Loan Documents with UAS
After you accept the Nursing Loan, you will:
- Go to UASConnect.com and log in. If you have not borrowed a Nursing Loan before, you will need to register. If you have borrowed a Nursing Loan in the past, your log in information should be the same.
- Sign the required loan documents, which include:
- Nursing Loan Entrance Counseling
- Nursing Loan Master Promissory Note
- Nursing Loan Disclosure
- Other loan related documents that may be required
- Note: Any issues with signing into UASConnect should be directed to UAS using their "Contact Us" page on the same website.
NOTE: Cedarville partners with University Accounting Services, Inc. (UAS), to process the Nursing Loan Program. All questions about signing your loan documents should be directed to UAS.