- HDHP Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- HDHP Summary Plan Description
- PPO Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- PPO Summary Plan Description
- UHC Healthcare Benefits
- UHC Coverage When Traveling Internationally
- UHC Preventive Services vs. Diagnostic Services
- UHC Healthy Babies and Moms
- UHC Virtual Visits
- Express Scripts Benefits
- Prescription Drug Coverage and Medicare (Employees 65 and over)
- Transparency in Coverage
Additional health insurance information
All full-time employees of Cedarville University are eligible for health care coverage through United Healthcare and are given the opportunity to enroll during the orientation process. If an employee declines to enroll at the initial time of hire, they must meet one of the following qualifying events in order to be eligible for special enrollment and must contact our office within 31 days of a qualifying event:
- legal separation, resulting in the loss of coverage
- divorce, resulting in the loss of coverage
- termination of spouse's employment, resulting in the loss of coverage
- reduction in number of spouse's hours of employment, resulting in the loss of coverage
- termination of coverage by spouse's employer (health insurance has been discontinued)
If an employee wishes to add a new dependent by marriage, birth, or adoption or placement for adoption, the request to enroll the new dependent(s) must be made within thirty-one (31) days following the qualifying event.
If an employee wishes to remove a dependent from their health insurance, the request must be made to University Human Resources. All dependents will be removed on the last day of the month, per our agreement with United Health Care.
If an employee who is not currently enrolled in our health plan loses their coverage, (health insurance has been discontinued), the request for coverage must be made within thirty-one (31) days of the loss of other coverage.
To initiate a benefits change, complete the Life Event Declaration Form in Dayforce (Profile > Forms). An HR team member will contact you with further instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: It is important to notify the University Human Resources department of a request to add dependents within the thirty-one (31) day period. If this deadline is missed, the next available opportunity to add a dependent(s) is our annual renewal date, which is January 1.
COBRA: Continuation of Coverage
Dental Care Insurance
Vision Care Insurance
- Life Benefit Summary-Maintenance and Security
- Life Benefit Summary-Faculty and Staff
- Guardian Voluntary Life Plan (Faculty and Staff)
- Guardian Voluntary Life Plan (Maintenance and Security)
Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Benefit Summary-Maintenance and Security
- Long Term Disability Benefit Summary-Faculty and Staff
- List of paid holidays for full-time Cedarville University staff