2023–24 Church Matching Scholarships
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2023–24.
Cedarville University’s mission is to equip students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.
This process of equipping begins long before students arrive on campus, attend our chapels, or take their first Bible class. Loving parents and local churches have laid a foundation of faithful spiritual training. As a Christ-centered university, we now build on that foundation, helping students to take the next step in their academic and spiritual journey.
The Church Matching Scholarship takes “shared mission” from theory to practice. When a local church invests in a student by providing a scholarship, Cedarville University will match that scholarship up to $500 annually. Together we send a clear message to the student — we long for you to become all that God wants you to be, and we are willing to stand with you financially to make that possible.
- Student is enrolled as an undergraduate student (students who transition into the graduate-level portion of their program are not eligible for Cedarville's Church Matching Scholarship).
- Student is the recipient of a scholarship from a local church. Cedarville University will match up to a maximum of $500 per academic year per student.
No separate application is necessary.
Scholarship Payment Information:
Churches are strongly encouraged to send one church scholarship check that will be used to cover the entire academic year between May 1st - July 1st for the upcoming academic year.
For new students (freshmen and transfer), church funds should NOT be sent before May 1 for a fall term start. For students who begin in the spring term, church funds should NOT be sent before Nov. 1. Please refer to the complete timeline chart for submission is available on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Churches should make the check payable to Cedarville University with the following clearly written on the memo line: “Church Scholarship for [insert student's full name].” If a church is sending a single check for multiple students, please send a cover letter providing the full name of all scholarship recipients and the amount per student.
Mail the check to
Financial Aid Office
251 N. Main St
Cedarville, OH 45314
- Up to $500 match from Cedarville per academic year per student
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per term)
- Limited to eight semesters of undergraduate study
- May be combined with other grants and scholarships
- Will be awarded equally between the fall and spring semesters
- Students who graduate in December or attend only in the spring semester will have the church matching scholarship applied entirely to that semester.
Based on student's church sending a separate scholarship check each year.
View more details on the Frequently Asked Questions page.