Archive for the Admissions Category
January 20, 2017
Cedarville University will begin sending financial aid awards through our electronic notification system (eAwards) on Monday, as well as mailing a customized financial aid prospectus to the parents of all accepted students. Today's ParentPrep post provides additional information for those of you who are awaiting this important piece of information ... or anticipating this process next year!
January 9, 2017
We all know students who started their four-year college journey… six years ago. Whether they are struggling to pass classes, basking in the learning experience, or simply switching their major too many times, their college education can quickly acquire an even larger price tag when eight semesters turn into 12.
One of the best ways a university can save you money is to help your student graduate on time. Consider the additional costs if students take five or more years to finish. Consider the cost if they never complete their educational goals!
At Cedarville, we make it a priority to help students graduate on time, saving them money but more importantly, allowing them to begin using their career to make an impact for Christ sooner.
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
December 23, 2016
Christmas break is a great time for students to sleep in, spend time with friends, and — most importantly — celebrate Christ's birth. But it's also a good opportunity to take care of important college-related details. Encourage your student to get a head start on 2017 and move that much closer to his or her Cedarville career.
Here are 10 ideas to make the most of your student's Christmas break:
- Decision made? Submit the $250 reservation deposit during break!
- Is your student's application incomplete? Check online for missing pieces, then request documents to be sent right away.
- Check out the FAFSA website if you have not yet completed it. Required for all need-based scholarships and grants, the FAFSA application for the 2017–18 school year opened October 1. This is the best way to make sure your student gets the most financial aid possible.
- Register for our FREE "Five Steps to Finding a Job Out of College" webinar, offered Monday, January 16, at 8 p.m. EST.
- Plan a campus visit. It's the best way to see if Cedarville University is the place for your student!
- Talk to a Cedarville student or alumnus who lives in your area. Need a referral? Send us an email and we'll help connect you.
- Learn more about the major your student is considering. We have more than 130 programs of study from which to choose.
- Join the CU fan club on Facebook! See who else is connected.
- Plan a prayer time with friends. College is a big decision. Ask God to give you wisdom, provide for your needs, and make His direction clear!
- Above all, celebrate our Savior's birth! He is the reason Cedarville exists and the focus of everything we seek to accomplish in the lives of students!
Merry Christmas from your friends at Cedarville University!
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
December 7, 2016
Save June 10-24, 2017, as the dates for Summer Studies — Cedarville’s affordable college program especially designed for rising high school juniors and seniors.
Your student can earn three semester hours of college credit while experiencing campus life and forging new friendships they will enjoy all the way through their undergraduate years at Cedarville. It's an experience they will never forget.
Cost information will be released by February, but the total cost for the two-week program — including tuition for a 3-credit course and all activities — is generally under $1,000. And for Ohio students who have declared intent to participate in College Credit Plus, the tuition portion may be FREE! (Talk to your student's guidance counselor for more information about CCP.)
Summer Studies might even make a great Christmas gift! You'd be giving an amazing summer experience ... plus a head start on college.
To learn more about Summer Studies and how your student can apply to attend as a Cedarville Summer Scholar, visit www.cedarville.edu/summerstudies or contact Leanne Rubosky, Associate Director of Transfer and High School Student Recruitment, by email or by calling 1-800-CEDARVILLE.
P.S. Cedarville also offers a full lineup of summer academic camps! These fun, one-week, hands-on learning experiences are a great way to explore career options and experience college life.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10