Admissions Category Archives
June 3, 2019
Some of our Parent Prep subscribers are about to be parents of a new Cedarville University student! We have enjoyed sharing information and resources with you throughout this year. It will be exciting to meet you and your new student (along with more than 1,000 others!) when you arrive on campus for Getting Started in August.
Now for the hand-off ...
The University communicates regularly with parents of current students through its Parent Connect eNews. These weekly updates provide helpful information about upcoming events, parent resources, and Cedarville news. You will receive your first Parent Connect email in mid-July.
If your student is attending another college or if you simply wish to unsubscribe from Parent Prep or Parent Connect emails, you may do so at any time. Just visit the email subscription management site, enter your email address, and update your communication preferences.
On behalf of all of us on the Enrollment Management team, welcome to the Cedarville University family!
Scott Van Loo, Ph.D.
Vice President for Enrollment Management
P.S. If you are the parent of a younger student, your Parent Prep communication will continue later this summer. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Posted in Admissions
May 22, 2019
You may be getting ready to send one child off to college, but do you still have other children at home? Cedarville University has an opportunity for them as well! Our College Now program allows students to enroll in college-level courses while they’re still in high school, potentially saving thousands on their total college costs.
As part of Cedarville’s College Now program, high school students can:
- Study with top Cedarville professors who will challenge them to think deeply and apply biblical principles to what they are learning
- Get a head start on college, potentially saving both time and money in completing their degree
- Gain confidence that they’ll excel at college-level academics
- Save (a lot!) on tuition
And, if you’re an Ohio resident, your student may be able to take courses for FREE through Ohio’s College Credit Plus program. Those outside of Ohio can take advantage of greatly reduced costs though our Family Pay Option.
There's still time to enroll for fall classes, which begin August 21, 2019. However, deadlines for Ohio private and homeschooled students to apply for state funding for this year have passed.
Check out our website to learn more and encourage your high school student to start College Now!
Posted in Admissions Affordability College Now
May 15, 2019
If you are the parent of a high school junior, you and your student have probably already started thinking about ACT and SAT standardized tests. You likely know that colleges use these scores when making admissions decisions, but did you know that schools also use them when awarding scholarships? Today's post explains how taking the extra time – and perhaps spending a little extra money – to take test prep courses for standardized tests can pay off big for your student. We'll also provide some helpful resources to get your student started.
We wish your student success on the first step of the college journey!
P.S. Cedarville University just announced last week that we will accept the Classic Learning Test as another standardized test option to be considered for admission. Learn more. Read More »
Posted in Admissions Affordability Financial Aid
May 3, 2019
Is your admitted student ready to choose a Cedarville residence hall and select a roommate? We’ve made it easy!
Your student’s personalized My.Cedarville.edu portal has all the resources he or she will need to easily transition from home to a residence hall room on campus. Your student can visit My.Cedarville.edu today to:
- Get to know future classmates through the Cedarville incoming fall 2019 class Facebook group.
- Find a roommate with RoomSync, a roommate-matching software that compares your student's likes and dislikes with other new students.
- Complete the Request Housing task. Before making a decision, visit our residence hall page to get to know all of the dorm options. You can learn about community life in each dorm, view floor plans, and watch a video with a Cedarville student as your guide. You'll also find a timeline for when your student will be granted access to the housing selection system. Keep in mind that students’ access is based on when they made their reservation deposit.
If you have any questions about the housing selection process, contact us at 1-800-CEDARVILLE. Your student’s admissions counselor will be happy to help!
Posted in Admissions Student Life