Admissions Category Archives
June 1, 2020
Your student's reservation deposit is due today, June 1.
We are so thankful for the number of students who have already confirmed their plans to be at Cedarville in August. Here are the top reasons students and parents give for their choice:
- Biblical worldview. It's not just a buzzword here; it's intentionally part of every aspect of classes, residence life, activities, and ministries.
- Academic reputation. We have the in-demand majors students want, and our grads are excelling at places like Harvard, Honda, and Procter & Gamble (just to name a few). Cedarville doesn't just "talk" about quality. It is validated by national surveys, college rankings, job and graduate school placement data, competition results, and test scores.
- Outstanding value. The rigorous academic experience is life-changing, costs and scholarships are competitive, and Cedarville is worth the investment.
If this is what you desire for your student, I encourage you to take that next step by faith and submit a reservation deposit today. I do not believe you will ever regret that decision.
If your student has already paid the deposit and is excited to enroll this fall, thank you! We are privileged to come alongside parents like you to equip young men and women for professional excellence and Gospel impact. We're excited to welcome your student to the Cedarville family in August!
Scott Van Loo, Ph.D.
Vice President for Enrollment Management
P.S. To ensure your student's place in the fall class, submit the $250 deposit today!
Posted in Admissions
May 14, 2020
Is your admitted student ready to choose a Cedarville residence hall and select a roommate? We’ve made it easy!
Your student’s personalized My.Cedarville.edu portal has all the resources he or she will need to easily transition from home to a residence hall room on campus. Your student can visit My.Cedarville.edu today to:
- Get to know future classmates through the Cedarville incoming fall 2020 class Facebook group.
- Find a roommate with RoomSync, a roommate-matching software that compares your student's likes and dislikes with other new students.
- Complete the Request Housing task. Before making a decision, visit our residence hall page to get to know all of the dorm options. You can learn about community life in each dorm, view floor plans, and watch a video with a Cedarville student as your guide. You'll also find a timeline for when your student will be granted access to the housing selection system. Keep in mind that students’ access is based on when they made their reservation deposit.
If you have any questions about the housing selection process, contact us at 1-800-CEDARVILLE. Your student’s admissions counselor will be happy to help!
Posted in Admissions Student Life
May 11, 2020
In honor of Mother's Day yesterday, we thought we'd share what some of our moms have to say about their student's Cedarville experience. We've found that for Cedarville students, the #1 influencer of their college decision is MOM!
We asked a few of our very important moms what they appreciate most about Cedarville and the impact this place has had on their son or daughter. We think you'll be encouraged by the answers they shared in this short video — including introductory comments from best-selling author, founder of Pure Freedom Ministries, and Cedarville alumna and parent Dannah Gresh.
Posted in Admissions Spiritual Growth Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
May 6, 2020
Your to-do list to prepare for your student's college experience is probably getting long. One easy — and fun — thing you can start doing is preparing for his or her residence hall room!
Call your admissions counselor at 1-800-CEDARVILLE (233-2784) if you have any questions about Getting Started activities in August. There is much anticipation as we prepare for the fall, and our team is here to help! We will keep you informed through the summer.
P.S. Reminder to parents of admitted students, the deadline to submit the reservation deposit is now June 1.
Posted in Admissions Student Life