Archive for the Admissions Category
May 29, 2015
You are about to be the parent of a new Cedarville University student! I have enjoyed sharing information and resources with you throughout this year. It will be exciting to meet you and your new student (along with 850-900 others!) when you arrive on campus for Getting Started in August.
Now for the hand-off ...
The University communicates regularly with parents of current students providing helpful information about upcoming events, parent resources, and Cedarville news. You will receive your first ParentConnect email the first week of June.
If your student is attending another college or if you simply wish to unsubscribe from the ParentConnect monthly emails, you may do so at any time. Just visit the email subscription management site, enter your email address, and update your communication preferences.
On behalf of all of us on the Enrollment Management and Marketing team, welcome to the Cedarville University family!
Janice L. Supplee, Ph.D.
Vice President for Enrollment Management and Marketing
P.S. If you are the parent of a younger student and want to be sure to continue receiving Parent Prep updates and resources, please click here and choose the Parent Prep list that corresponds with your student's high school graduation year. We'll make sure you receive posts that are relevant to your family's college selection process.
May 22, 2015
Time is running out to register for Cedarville University summer academic camps -- a fun, engaging way for students to explore career options and prepare for their future.
This year's camps include: art and design, athletic training, business, criminal justice, engineering (SOLD OUT), foreign language, forensic science, geology, journalism, music, psychology, theatre, worship ministry, and writing.
In a few short days, students accomplish much more than career exploration. Camp faculty will challenge them to make their career their calling. They will consider how their gifts, skills, and interests can make a difference in this world for Christ.
Encourage your student to attend one of these life-changing camps this summer! Register now before it’s too late!
May 12, 2015
You may be getting ready to send one child off to college, but do you still have more at home? Cedarville University has an opportunity for them as well! Our College Now program allows high school students to enroll in college-level courses before they graduate from high school and potentially save thousands on their total college costs.
As part of Cedarville’s College Now program, your students can:
- Study with top Cedarville professors who will challenge them to think deeply and apply biblical principles to what they are learning
- Get a head start on college, potentially saving both time and money in completing their degree
- Gain confidence that they’ll excel at college-level academics
- Save (a lot!) on tuition
And, if you’re an Ohio resident, your student can take courses for FREE through Ohio’s College Credit Plus. Those outside of Ohio can enjoy greatly reduced costs though our Family Pay Option.
Check out our website to learn more and encourage your high school student to start College Now!
May 1, 2015
Important Reminder: Today, May 1, is the deadline to guarantee your student's place at Cedarville University for the fall. Submit the $250 deposit online now!
Along with our admissions and financial aid teams, we have enjoyed communicating with our Parent Prep subscribers this year as you have prayerfully considered Cedarville University.
As you finalize this decision as a family, we thought it may be helpful to share the top reasons your student's future classmates tell us they have chosen Cedarville:
- Academic excellence: We have the in-demand majors students want, and our grads are excelling at places like Harvard, NASA, and Procter & Gamble (just to name a few). Cedarville doesn't just "talk" about quality. It is validated by national surveys, college rankings, job and graduate school placement data, competition results, and test scores.
- Gospel purpose: It's not just a buzzword here. Preparing students to live out their faith is a part of every aspect of classes, residence life, activities, and ministries.
- Outstanding value: The rigorous academic experience is life-changing, costs and scholarships are competitive, and Cedarville is worth the investment.
If you have any last-minute questions or concerns that need to be addressed, we want to help! You are welcome to email us, or call your student's admissions counselor at 1-800-CEDARVILLE (233-2784).
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10